Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
Mi
I cannot even begin to express my gratitude at finding a sight with others who can relate to me! Sob! No one, and I mean no one in my life understands this nightmare and I'm so grateful to meet others who can understand. I was diagnosed last April after battling these symptoms for about two years. So far they have only given me Cymbalta but it's not working. I was denied Lyrica Because the insurance company won't cover it so was put on Gabapentin. Side effects so bad I won't take them. My family doc and rheumatologist have been bouncing me back and forth because neither really want to treat me. I am now without a doctor that wants to treat me, and between meds because insurance denies me, and the doc never even considered another med. Now I'm back to square one, alone, and have yet to find someone to treat me. I don't think i have cried so much in my life these past few days!

Welcome, it's rotten isn't it.im so sorry u are going through this,I just don't understand the U.S. Why of insurance.whats the point paying all that money when u can't get the help u need.
But u have to keep fighting till u do find a new dr.have you tried ringing your local hospital and asking them if they have any gps who do treat it.
Plz don't give up I'm sure your fellow countrymen will have much more advice for u.anyway welcome here and feel free to ask anything x

I just started gabapentine last week. I have not noticed much, maybe a little swelling in fingers/feet.
However, I am sleeping better and pain has abated to the point I feel normal. I am also taking
Naproxen twice a day.

What kind of side effects did u experience with gabapentine?

There's a process to go through with insurance...they try you on the cheapest meds first...write notes on what your reaction to the meds were so when you get your provider situation figured out you are prepared to move forward. If a medicine is not a match for you typically you get to step up to the next level. Sadly the big 3 Rx's for fibro only work for about 30% of us so just keep that in mind. Try and focus on stress reduction, simple stretching and healthy eating. Focus on what you can control. If the medical community had all the answers we wouldn't need this forum. Good luck on your journey!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back