New to fibro

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctype1

Hi All

I am 59-year-old woman who went to bed one night and woke up feeling like an old lady. I was diagnosed about 5 months ago. I take Gabapentin 300 mg morning and bedtime and Advil or Tylenol as needed which is always. My muscles are so extremely painful makes walking up and down stairs very difficult. Even regular walking hurts. Tonight I reached back with my right arm and my right biceps muscle began burning, shooting pain down my arm and now is very very tender. Any suggestions on how to help with this situation?

Thanks,

Cathy D

hello Cathy, and welcome to the forum.
We are here to support each other and help whenever we can. For starters, I highly recommend that you read my post that has lots of advice on how to manage and possibly improve your fibro symptoms. If you have any questions about what I wrote, or about anything else related to this complex syndrome, I welcome your asking them.

Hi Cathy: Magnesium malate capsules? Gentle PT / stretching? Arnica cream? Hot or cold pad?

Welcome here Cathy,

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but you're in a great place for finding advice and support.

In addition to what Sunkacola and JayCS suggested above, an acetyl L-carnitine supplement might help with muscle soreness too. For me, some light movement every day is a must to keep that kind of pain dialed down. I wish you every success in figuring out how to manage your symptoms - it can be mastered, and can make a big difference 🌷

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back