Not open for further replies.

Clair86

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2020
Country
UK
Hi everyone I’m new to forum but recently been diagnosed with fibromyalgia just wondering if there was any good advise out there. I’m tired of always being sore and constant headaches and tiredness.

Hi Clair86, welcome to the forum. You have come to right place for advice and information or simply to vent. This is a really nice community and most people are willing to share their stories and offer help. There is some really good information in the " General discussions about fibromyalgia " section by Sunkacola ......"My advice for managing fibromyalgia (especially for newcomers)." That would be a wonderful place to start, if you haven't seen it already. All the best and I hope you are having a nice day today. 😊😊

Welcome and sorry you were diagnosed with fibro! My advice is to not give up and find what works for you. I am on Lyrica and Cymbalta as well as cyclobenzaprine. I was on ambien for sleep issues and want to go back on it. Excercise when you can - short walks, swimming, yoga. DO NOT PUSH it when you are in pain. Take vitamins (B, D, Mg). For headaches stemming from upper back and shoulders try OTC lidocaine and asprin pain patches. You have to rest when your body tells you too but the hardest part is to know when to make yourself push through fatigue or when to sit. Sitting too much causes issues and so does standing too much!!

Always trying not to use meds, like sunkacola, my main help against all fibro-stuff like 'soreness' comes from whole body cryotherapy, cold showers and Wim Hof's breathing exercise in between. Certain kinds of PT, osteopathy, acupressure against back-induced headaches. And pinpointing and targeting all reasons for not being able to sleep, having used amitriptyline as a life-saver for a time there, till the adverse effects got too much, and feeling better without.

Welcome here and sorry to hear about you, but everything will fine soon don't worry, we all are with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back