Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
05/1998
Country
US
State
pa
Hi Everyone. So glad there is a forum available.
I'was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia many years ago. Now with OA, Sjogren's, Hoshimotos, lupus(skin), lumbar stenosis.... The fibro is definitely the major contributor to my issues. I was lucky enough to be approved for disability 3 years ago and now on SS.
I searched on line and came upon an interesting fact- there is a connection between Fibro and bursitis/tendonitis. I always seem to have this somewhere- I used to be able to work out rather vigorously until 4yrs ago when the bursitis started- now even swimming can give me a flair of it somewhere. Of course then there followed weight gain.
Has anyone any ideas regarding the connection between bursitis/tendonitis and fibro? It has increased my pain exponentially. It seems my symptoms have worsened.

Thanks everyone- hope the spring is coming soon so we will feel better. :mrgreen:

theosof,
Welcome to the forum. Believe it or not, years ago before I got my diagnosis of fibro, the condition was just referred to as being bursitis. Of course the rest of the symptoms were all in my head. lol

Anyways I am glad you found the forum. This is a great place to learn more about fibro, as well as, learning to manage the symptoms and flares, as well as, learning about medications and alterative methods of dealing with the pain. Jump right in and start asking questions or just posting answers to other posts.

Look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

A couple years ago (April 2012) I was hospitalized for bursitis in my elbow. Man that was bad. It swelled so bad the skin on my elbow split. I was on IV antibiotics for a week. I can't touch my extensor carpi ulnaris muscle without wincing. My wrists get tendon pain after a little stirring or typing. I figured there was a link but never knew for sure :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back