Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
US
State
Nc
I have been having symptoms for a couple years. Pain only gets worse. Started initially in my hips and now seems to be all over. Saw my doctor Monday for an unrelated med check. While there, I brought up the increasing pain. After going through a few tests and family history he said he wants to start treating me for fibro. My mother also has fibro. Her symptoms started around the same age. And it also started in her hips.
I am not far from turning forty and initially thought 'old' was setting in. Glad to finally have answers.

Hello Jean, welcome. We are glad to meet you. I have heard that fibromyalgia has a hereditary aspect. Even so it's amazing that your onset is so similar to your mother's.

Please feel welcome to exchange information, make friends and even vent. I've found this forum to be a supportive place, hopefully you will too :)

HI Jean welcome. I am a newbie. Like you my dad got chronic fatigue with pain at age 46. I didn't know it could be hereditary either and had some fatigue issues that came and went in my early 30's. Then i had years with nothing until after a lot of stress in my life and falling off some steps breaking my foot i developed full on fibro with pain gradually spreading everywhere over the following 6 months.....and guess what i was 47!

Look after yourself well and don't push too hard when your body is saying it needs rest is the best advice i can give you and avoid stress as much as possible!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back