Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2011
Country
CA
State
ON
Hi everyone I'm Sheila I'm new to the group but I've been battling this along with other medical issues for the past 3 years, every day it's a struggle to get through something. I'm very thankful to have friends and family that understand my disease and what my limitations are, but I've always been the type of person I don't want to depend on someone to help me! That's my hardest thing to do is let the laundry go a few more days, not being able to work full time, not being able to do things with my hubby like golfing.
Worse for me was I was an ER/trauma nurse (yes adrenaline junking) for 12 years and now I'm at one speed SLOW and it's still driving me nuts! So in comes depression so that's the latest battle. I hope to get to know you all over time something tells me I'll be between this forum and the patient's like me forum! I'm going to be a new grandma again next month so of course I will be over doing everything just to have time with her!

Hi Sheila,
Welcome to the forum. It is always good to hear a new member talk about his or her problems with a bit of humor, only because it shows your trying hard to hold it together in the face of pain and depression. I know the heartache of loving a job and yet struggling against the odds in trying to do it well and wondering how much longer one can keep doing it. I did housecleaning for many years and had my own business, only to lose it all when I became to weak to work. So my prayers are with you and I hope your symptoms are not too severe to stand and being here helps you learn a few management skills.

It made me smile to read your comment about letting the laundry go, as with me it is doing the dishes. I hate standing at the sink trying to get them done with my legs feeling weak and my arms and shoulders, and hands to tired to do it fast enough to just get done. So I put it off until a better day. Or until I run out of spoons.:)

As for the depression I do suggest seeing a therapist. If you can not afford one check locally at a mental health clinic, as most of them go by a sliding scale fee based on your earnings. If small your fee is small. I know how much it helped me when everything I loved doing came to a big stop and the doctors would not help or believe me concerning my fibro. Just consider having a day to look forward to and a bit of hope in your step.

We try to be very supportive here and so ask more questions and vent anytime you wish. Also you will make new friends as you post around the forum. Good Luck! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back