Not open for further replies.

TanyaD

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2019
Country
UK
Hi everyone, I'm new at this so please bear with me. I was diagnosed with fibro in 2019, I've also got arthritis and osteoarthritis, high blood pressure, type 2 diabetes. I think mother nature has something against me. I've been a carer for the last 22 years and love it, but lately I think my body is telling me that is has had enough, I'm currently off sick, as I have another thing wrong with me now, I've got a bulbous lump on a bone in my arm and a trapped nerve. The pins and needles are horrendous, the pain is just as bad, I take so many different Meds, that I feel like a walking pharmacy. I'm waiting on a MRI scan and and xray. Fingers crossed that will get sorted soon. Sometimes I just don't know what to do for the best. Thank you fir letting me rant and moan.

Goodness you have a lot going on! Take care of yourself. :) Hope some of it eases up for you soon.

Thank you Jessie. I really hope so to 😁

Welcome,feel free to rant away.that’s what we are here for. You pool thing. Maybe you do need a good long break .
I used to work in a care home. It’s hard work. Try to be kinda to yourself .xx

Thank you so much Forgetmenot. That's very nice of you, I know I'm terrible I hate being of sick. But I promise I will be kinda to myself. I love care work, im so sad at the thought of having to give it up x

Well maybe you need to think about caring for yourself.you can’t care for anyone if your not well yourself xx

It seems after caring for others for so long, it is time for the favor to be returned..to you and by you! By taking care of you now and making yourself a priority. Caretaking is rewarding but also draining physically and emotionally. I did it for many years for elder loved ones. I know that stress magnifies everything..I am guilty like many of us for allowing stress to take its toll. It is difficult to avoid during these times but it is important to try and manage it. And I need to practice what I preach! Take good care and one day at a time. 💗

Thank you Poppy, I love doing my job, but yes, now I need to start to look after myself 💜

I'm with you. I'm feeling really lousy right now. I am hurting everywhere, have RA, degenerative arthritis, polymyalgia rheumatica, diabetes 2, microscopic colitis, neuropathy, etc. I have been caring some for my husband; even though we are in assisted living, he asks me to do things for him, and everything overwhelms me. I have tried all the meds for fibro, and they all gave me so many side effects I had to stop taking them. I am on Zoloft for depression (have been for years) My fibro fog is terrible - I just can't think. Sorry to vent on your post, but at least you know you're not alone. Tramadol and Tylenol help some with the pain.

Hi Tanya! Welcome to the forum. I hope you find your stay worthwhile as I do. See you around!

Hey Sandie. Not a problem, you vent away. Wow you are coping with a lot. Make sometime for yourself, I k ow I'm a great one to talk about me time. But the last week I've been off, my arm has felt a bit better. But honest you rant away, 😁 x

Hi Tanya
I have only recently been diagnosed with fibro and I am struggling to come to terms with the fact that this is here forever. I feel quite alone and would love to talk to someone who understands how this feels. I have read your comments about making changes but it just feels overwhelming at the moment. How are you feeling now?

Hey Angela.
Welcome to the forum, honestly lovely on here your never alone, I've only been on here for a little while, but they are great to chat to and ask questions. I'm not to bad at the moment, got my MRI the 1st of March, so keep all your fingers crossed. Just take one day at a time. I try to at least get out once a day for a walk, sometimes I really don't feel like it, but I get up and out other days I go shopping and I sleep for the next two hours. But everyone is so different. But just remember your never alone on here, we all know what it feels like. 💞

Hi all, what is great about this forum is that we find out we are not alone, and I think that helps everyone a lot. And yes, feel free to come here are vent or ask questions. Just in case any of you have not read the post that is pinned at the top of the General forum here, I suggest you do and try to bring as much of that advice into your life as you are able to....slowly and carefully to see what works for you. Most people benefit from doing at least some of those things. I am always interested to hear about other things people are doing that work for them.

The main point of that post is that you need to take good care of yourself. This takes time and dedication to your health, but it is never a selfish thing to do. If you are not taking care of yourself things are likely to get worse, and even if your focus is helping others you have to do enough for yourself first.

Let me put it this way : It's considered a very good trait to have to be willing to "give the shirt off your back" as people say. But it is only good if you have another shirt to put on. If you don't, you have just made it necessary for someone else to give you their shirt and nothing has really improved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back