Status
Not open for further replies.

lanaprieto

Diagnosis
00/0000
Hi,
I have had pain for a long time and I am finally going to a rheumatologist today. I have been doing a lot of research on fibromyalgia and I have almost all the symptoms. Can someone advise me on things I need to ask the doctor, please. Also, is anyone getting relief from anything they have tried; i.e., medication, therapy, massage? I have read a lot about the medications they prescribe and not seeing a lot of good feedback. Is anyone taking anything natural that is helping? Is anyone taking Guaifenesin? I heard a lot of good things about that.
Thanks,
Lana.

I am sorry to hear you have these symptoms. I am glad you will be seeing a doctor who might be able to help. Just write down all your symptoms that you can think of. I would directly ask if they could be FMS and ask what other conditions he/she can rule out?

Thank you so much! I just got back from the doctor. She does not think it is FMS. She is running tests. She believes it is migratory arthritis. Does anyone know anything about that? I am going to Google it right now.

I will not use pain meds because all that they do is cover up the pain, they don't address the problem. You need to approach Fibromyalgia from many different angles. The first would be to lose weight if you need to, I lost 40 pounds and it did seem to help quite a bit. I juice as often as possible and I try not to eat a lot of processed foods. Natural is always better in my opinion. I also have several friends who swear by medical marijuana as far as pain relief goes. I hope this helps, good luck!

Thank you so much for this information. I really appreciate it! Can you share with me some of your juicing you do, please.

I will not use pain meds because all that they do is cover up the pain, they don't address the problem. You need to approach Fibromyalgia from many different angles. The first would be to lose weight if you need to, I lost 40 pounds and it did seem to help quite a bit. I juice as often as possible and I try not to eat a lot of processed foods. Natural is always better in my opinion. I also have several friends who swear by medical marijuana as far as pain relief goes. I hope this helps, good luck!

I'm just curious about your statement concerning pain meds covering up the pain as opposed to medical marijuana. What do you think marijuana does? It covers up the pain! At this stage of the game, doctors are only guessing about the real cause of fibromyalgia, so actually all the "fibro meds" are just covering up the pain. Once they nail down the specific cause of this disease, then they'll be able to get to the root of the problem. Until that day, all we're left with is some way to "cover up our pain."

Yeah, I was wondering about that statement, also. I wasn't sure if marijuana was just for the pain. Don't know much about it.
Another question: One of my main symptoms is that the pain goes in one joint, stays there for a couple of days, and then moves to the next joint. It is escruciating pain! For instance, it will hurt in my elbow and then my shoulder. The doctor said that is not fibromyalgia. Any feedback for me? Thanks!

Lana, I've read where others say it feels like their joints are hurting, when in fact it's the soft tissue surrounding the joint. Oh, I just went back and read where you said your doctor thinks it's migratory arthritis. I'm not familiar with that....sorry! I hope you get some answers.

Just curious....did your doctor perform the tender point test on you?

Hi. No, she didn't. The way the symptoms are, she doesn't feel it is FMS. I will know next week. Did you go to a special doctor?

Yes, I went to a rheumatologist, who diagnosed me. You might look up the symptoms of fibro, and they always show a diagram with the 18 tender points. You might test yourself to see if you hurt in those places.

Hi Lana! I was diagnosed with fibro a couple of months ago, but been in a lot pain for a while now. It's good you're seeing a doctor, I think the faster you do it the better. I think the best thing to do with this kind of diseases is to try to treat it as naturally as possible, I've never liked the idea of using meds for my pain (I take plenty of meds already!), there are plenty of good natural choices that can help you out. If you're in a state where marijuana is legal... then I'd advice you to consider that. So far marijuana has done wonders for me!

Best of luck! Keep us posted!

Hi. Thank you so much for the information and kind words.
Well, the pain got real bad in my knee and elbow and hand. My husband took me to emergency. They gave me a shot in my arm for pain and a Lortab. I can't until Thursday to find out my results.
I live in Las Vegas. Does anyone recommend a good doctor? I know I will go and get a second opinon.
And is anyone on a natural regimen or special diet for FMS?
Thanks,
Lana.

Hi Fibrogal,

You are correct...I did say that all pain pills do is cover up the pain, and yes, I also said that marijuana is a better alternative to those man made, synthetic drugs that seem to be killing people everyday in my opinion. True, marijuana is also used to help with the pain, but what I was suggesting is that if someone isn't getting the relief that they need, they might think about using marijuana as an alternative, what works for one person does not necessarily work for another person. Just trying to make some suggestions that might be helpful to some people in this group.

Hi Lana,

I hope some of my suggestions will help you. My son and I started juicing about a year ago and it has seemed to help. We juice carrots, apples, parsley, kale, and a very small of amount of ginger. It tastes great and does seem to help us with our low energy levels. You can juice with all kinds of things, maybe look online for recipes for juicing. I hope these suggestions are helpful to you:)

Hi Lana,

Actually marijuana helps with many symptoms such as pain, nausea, insomnia, anxiety, and a whole host of other symptoms. I recommend finding a website that tells you more about the types of things that medical marijuana can maybe you help with. Good luck:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back