Not open for further replies.

JuBean

Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
FL
I've had both knees replaced in the past 6 months. I am now applying for SSD. My whole body is in pain. I can't put my arms behind my back because it hurts, so my husband has to help me get dressed. The pain recedes with pain pills, but doesn't completely go away. I also have RA, which doesn't help, and some degenerative arthritis. I can deal with pain, but sometimes lately it's been getting a little too much.

I'm so sorry for the pain you go through. Although mine is in different areas, pain is pain and that I completely understand. I have had constant unending pain for about a year now and am also saying enough is enough! I have also applied for ssd and have been denied 3 times and am now awaiting a hearing. This is very typical so don't give up or be surprised if at first you don't get approved. As for pain, I cant help much there because I too take pain meds that just don't get rid of it. Hope we figure out some good pain managing skills:)

I am sorry you are in pain as well, I can't imagine how hard it must be for you. To not even to be able to dress yourself just really brings you down. And when you have a combination of conditions that just all pile up on you it just gets too much sometimes. I hope you get better, if the pain medication isn't making the pain go away completely maybe your doctor can prescribe something more effective. I wish I could say more to help you but at least you are among fellow suffers here who can understand what you are going through.

I've had both knees replaced in the past 6 months. I am now applying for SSD. My whole body is in pain. I can't put my arms behind my back because it hurts, so my husband has to help me get dressed. The pain recedes with pain pills, but doesn't completely go away. I also have RA, which doesn't help, and some degenerative arthritis. I can deal with pain, but sometimes lately it's been getting a little too much.

First of all, I hope that your SSD application is successful so that at least it's not still another worry that you have to deal with. I'm sorry to hear of all the pain issues you're already having to face.

Do you find that the warmth of living where you do is any help at all? Does your pain worsen when the weather is bad? Of course you're not dealing with very cold temps and snow, but plenty of rain and storms throughout the spring and summer, I know.

I am so sorry! Does your doctor not have any other suggestions as to treatment?
I, too, hope your SSD goes through...that is always tough.

I hope your doctor will be able to find something that could help you deal with the pain. I'm so sorry you have to go through this but at least your husband is there so you are not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back