Not open for further replies.

MLK41063

Diagnosis
02/2008
Country
US
State
OH
Hi! My name is Shelly. I just found this group today and I'm thankful! I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2008. I have tried different medication combinations to manage my pain. Currently, I take Neurotin and Tramadol to manage the pain. Unfortunately, this does not always take the pain away! I also take Trazadone at night for sleep. I will be seeing a Rheumatologist tomorrow to get his opionion...this is my first time seeing him. Currently, a neurologist has been managing my meds for the fibro. I'm wondering if a Rheumatologist is more capable of dealing with fibro rather than a neurologist. Any ideas on this? Thank you!:)

Shelly, welcome to the forum. I think you are very lucky to have found a neurologist that is willing to help you manage your fibro. But in answer to your question, yes, usually fibro is managed by a rheumatologist. But having them both in your corner to help you makes the begining of a beautiful team of doctors working to manage your illness. With fibro, you never know what type of symptom might crop up and you may need your neurologist in the future.

Otherwise, the medication can only do so much and you don't want to be over-medicated. In this forum read the questions and answers in the pain sections. There you will find helpful hints and ideas to help relieve the pain that the medication does not stop. There are many great tips posted that will help improve your sleep as well as, relax your muscles. I look forward to seeing you around the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back