Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
ca
Hi, I have not been officially told I have anything yet. My fingers are crossed"kinda" that I just have a viral infection.

Three weeks ago I went to Bali. Returned home with a gastro-infection that lasted about 4 days. About six days later I developed a bladder infection. On the mend from that but on last Saturday legs started to feel weak and hurt. Both upper front of thighs. The weight of a 12lb dog sent me over the edge. Difficulty walking and just painful almost paralyzed. Went to neurologist because of the suddenness of the weakness. Just went and had a complete blood panel of 14 tubes taken on Friday. Legs are still weak but better and now my hands are weak. Neuro thinks it might be viral myopathy…infection in the muscle. Just wanted to see or hear any thoughts on this page. The weakness is on both sides. Rapid onset.

Welcome to the board. Sorry to hear of your troubles. I would wait to find out what the doctor says before worrying too much. It might even be a side effect to the medication you've been taking. Good luck with your recovery. I hope you get all your muscle strength back and you're not one of us.

You'd have to see a rheumatologist to get a fibro diagnosis, but they would do a lot of different tests and blood work before considering a fibromyalgia diagnosis... You'd have to have (usually unless there's a dual diagnosis going on...) nothing else wrong, the tender spots, and have the symptoms for 3+ months....
You might want to do some research on your symptoms in the mean time... It's probably too soon to think fibro in my opinion....
If you don't mind me asking, what made you think fibro? Have you seen any other Dr's? What testing has been done so far?
Good luck with everything!

I have a lot of muscle fatigue but have always thought it was my job. I work as a flight attendant. I have been under the care of a neuro for the past 5 years for migraines. The blood work was 14 tubes and it was a lot of immune system tests also tests for dengue fever. My sister suffers from lupus so he is looking into that also. I am hoping it is just viral and will pass as quick as it came on. The next stop with be a rheumatologist if symptoms don't go away. The nerve test and needle test showed neouopathy and myopathy hence all the bloodwork. Hoping for a speedy outcome. Thanks for your advise I am just looking at the internet and should stop. I could have myself with a hundred different things in about 10mins.

I really think your neurologist is right, specially if you never noticed any kind of pain in the past. If this happened all of a sudden, then there is a big chance it could be what your neurologist said. If you trust your doctor then let him do his work, hopefully it is what he said and nothing else :) Please keep us posted and let us know how it goes, ok? Best of luck with everything!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back