Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2011
Country
US
State
MD
Hello-- I've been totally in denial about Fibromyalgia but I finally realized that this an unpredictable annoying illness. It's so frustrating to even explained to people because of the internal pain. I simply sometimes just say that it feels like the "Flu" without the runny nose. It's hard to explain because we are mostly judged from our external appearance. However, internally we are in so much "invisible pain" unable to be seen on xrays or in blood work. Urrrrrrghhhh! This is one of my not so good days! I still keep the faith!

I describe the pain as being from the surface of my skin soaked all the way into the bone marrow, over my entire body. That usually gets a good reaction. ;-)

It's hard when people don't believe you, especially anyone in healthcare. You figure the only way they will understand is if they get this themselves, but you really wouldn't want anyone else to ever have to go through this.

I hope you have some good days ahead.

Thanks-- you are absolutely right but some people only can relate to the flu. The pain all over your body and even hurts if someone touches you--- it just feels like something terrible is inside my entire body!

Hi there patinpain. Welcome to the fibromalygiaforums. Have a nice day.

Hello patinpain! Sorry you are having such a rough time! I tell people,"You know when you go to the gym and do a really good workout, then your whole body aches and hurts bad,and you feel like you can hardly move until you take a hot shower and some Ibuprophen? That's how my Fibro feels, only the shower and Ibuprophen doesn't make the pain go away!". And I'm too fatigued to do anything about it! Lol! You are right, We don't look sick,and people don't always believe what they can't see. At least here, no one is going to say"I don't think you are really in pain"! We all are! Hope you feel better,and glad you joined the family! Soft Hugs

Thanks--- haven't been signed in b/c I was trying to get outdoors this weekend while I was feeling well. You know we try to do everything when we are feeling a little normal. :roll:

I hate the pain. It's so hard to describe. The pain I get on my skin, feels like someone dragging nails on me. And yes, like the flu! I say that all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back