Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2008
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
I've been diagnosed for several years now, plus I have rheumatoid arthritis.

Just want to say HI to everyone before I explore this forum. I'm really glad that I found it. :)

Hello Tessie, I'm new here too this week and so far it is amazing to see how many others also have chronic pain and what a wide spectrum of lives. Kinda feels like meeting others from "our planet", lol. Not so alienating to be part of a crowd for a change. Just this morning I found a message in my e-mail box letting me know someone wrote under a thread I started in moaning and complaining and I felt a thrill to know someone was so kind and caring and answered and I want others to feel that feeling too as it is too special to take for granted, just to know someone else acknowledges your presence and welcomes you is precious. I have never joined a support group but always meant too and online is easy as I don't have to depend on anyone else to get me there and maybe you will find it the same.

Hello Tessie, I'm new here too this week and so far it is amazing to see how many others also have chronic pain and what a wide spectrum of lives. Kinda feels like meeting others from "our planet", lol. Not so alienating to be part of a crowd for a change. Just this morning I found a message in my e-mail box letting me know someone wrote under a thread I started in moaning and complaining and I felt a thrill to know someone was so kind and caring and answered and I want others to feel that feeling too as it is too special to take for granted, just to know someone else acknowledges your presence and welcomes you is precious. I have never joined a support group but always meant too and online is easy as I don't have to depend on anyone else to get me there and maybe you will find it the same.

Thank you so much suzi! That means a lot to me. :smile:

I'm also surprised to see so many people with the same exact symptoms, maybe a few extra or less symptoms here and there, but basically we share the same affliction. It's about time that the medical field is catching up, but it will take a while for society in general to accept this as "legitimate".

I'm 53 now, but I know that my symptoms started in my 30's and have gotten progressively worse, especially the last 10 years.

Hello Tessie! I have had Fibro since at least 2005, but was "officially" diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I am new too and this forum has felt like "a breath of fresh air". It feels like I have become part of a new family, and we all have pain,anxiety,fatigue,etc. It is nice to be validated, and even better to know we all understand one another! Welcome! I wish you a pain free day friend!

Hello Tessie! I have had Fibro since at least 2005, but was "officially" diagnosed 3 weeks ago. I am new too and this forum has felt like "a breath of fresh air". It feels like I have become part of a new family, and we all have pain,anxiety,fatigue,etc. It is nice to be validated, and even better to know we all understand one another! Welcome! I wish you a pain free day friend!

Thank you so much for the warm welcome. :) I agree when you say that it's nice to be validated. I think that is important for our mental health as well.

A pain free day to you too. :)

Hello Tessie. Welcome to the forum. I'm glad that you found this forum. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back