GRC109A

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2021
Country
US
Hello-
I am new to this forum.... age 68-70...male...married...living in the US. (I'm not having a fibro-fog, I'm being deliberately obscure)

I'm an emergency services (public safety) communications retiree.

I was "diagnosed" by a neurologist, and by a rheumatologist during fall of this year: "Symptoms are consistent with...."

The gait issues, brain fogs, and the rest began several years ago...ramping up slowly until a blowup in mid-2020, when the anxiety, lightheadedness, clumsiness and chest discomfort made me check to a hospital, imagining I had cardiovascular problems. As a newcomer, I'm not sure I want to subject readers to a pages-long list of my symptoms now, but I will say that the most alarming symptoms for me are: Fatigue delayed after exertion, Clumsiness/Ataxia/Weak limbs, Brain-fog, and Lightheadedness.

Thanks.

Welcome to the community @GRC109A. Smartly played being a little obscure to save some anonymity. I think a lot of us can relate to wondering what's wrong when we're affected by so many different symptoms.

Receiving a diagnosis is a great step forward, so that's a positive step in the right direction.

Fatigue and brain fog are common. You mentioned "lightheadedness", I can relate. I get bad vertigo on bad days. Though I have noticed that drinking lots of water throughout the day seems to help; and good sleep.

Hello-
I am new to this forum.... age 68-70...male...married...living in the US. (I'm not having a fibro-fog, I'm being deliberately obscure)

I'm an emergency services (public safety) communications retiree.

I was "diagnosed" by a neurologist, and by a rheumatologist during fall of this year: "Symptoms are consistent with...."

The gait issues, brain fogs, and the rest began several years ago...ramping up slowly until a blowup in mid-2020, when the anxiety, lightheadedness, clumsiness and chest discomfort made me check to a hospital, imagining I had cardiovascular problems. As a newcomer, I'm not sure I want to subject readers to a pages-long list of my symptoms now, but I will say that the most alarming symptoms for me are: Fatigue delayed after exertion, Clumsiness/Ataxia/Weak limbs, Brain-fog, and Lightheadedness.

Thanks.
hello and welcome to the forum.

I made a post of all of the things I know can help with the management of fibromyalgia, and i encourage you to check it out to see what is there that you can implement into your life that might help you. Any questions, always feel free to ask. We are here to help and support each other.

hello and welcome to the forum.

I made a post of all of the things I know can help with the management of fibromyalgia, and i encourage you to check it out to see what is there that you can implement into your life that might help you. Any questions, always feel free to ask. We are here to help and support each other.

Thanks for your advice.... appreciated!

Welcome to the community @GRC109A. Smartly played being a little obscure to save some anonymity. I think a lot of us can relate to wondering what's wrong when we're affected by so many different symptoms.

Receiving a diagnosis is a great step forward, so that's a positive step in the right direction.

Fatigue and brain fog are common. You mentioned "lightheadedness", I can relate. I get bad vertigo on bad days. Though I have noticed that drinking lots of water throughout the day seems to help; and good sleep.
Thanks for your welcome to the community. Fibro does not seem as difficult when I can read other's stories. I try to stay hydrated as well, I think there is a relation between hydration and (low) blood pressure.

Fatigue delayed after exertion,
HI GRC: Don't know if that includes like me being able to get away with very short energy bursts ('quick exhaustibility') or just plain "post-exertional malaise" which we all get pretty quick from overdoing it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back