fotiholic

Diagnosis
01/2007
Country
US
State
Wisconsin
Hi everyone.

I'm new here, but definitely not a newbie to Fibro. I'm 28 and was finally diagnosed a few years ago although I have been "sick" since at least 3rd grade (I remember the chronic severe pain even then). As most people with Fibro, I have several additional chronic illnesses too.

So, a little about where I am in my life right now as it relates to Fibro... I have always been a bit of a workaholic (worked 40+ hours every week of my life since turning 15 years old) and for the last couple years I had basically what was my dream job. BUT, because of my health I had to leave that job and the world of employment altogether for a year. Because I'm a stubborn ass (LOL) I just got a part time job after a year of not working, and am trying it out. It's very difficult, but I have to try, for me. I am extremely lucky to have the most supportive, understanding, and loving husband in the world who is my best friend. If it wasn't for him, I wouldn't be able to handle this. He reeeeeallyyyyyyy wants children, so we're talking about starting the process next year (weening off all my meds, all the prenatal vitamins, etc etc etc). I'm terrified about being a mother and having Fibro. I mean, if I can't work how the hell am I going to raise a family? BUT at the same time, Fibro has robbed me of so much in my life that I don't want to let it rob me of the privilege of having my own family and giving my husband the thing he wants most in this world - to be a father. Ok well, this is a huge topic so I'll make a separate post with all my potential-mother-to-be-questions. lol

Anyways, I am also the organizer/facilitator of a local Fibromyalgia support group called Milwaukee Fibromyalgia Connections. This group has helped me tremendously in the past year. I get so much out of leading this group AND as a member of the group. (If there are any Milwaukee-area fibro fighters here, you can find us at Milwaukee Fibromyalgia Connections (Milwaukee, WI) - Meetup

I'm happy to have stumbled onto this website and am excited to become a part of this community. Nice to meet you all!

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like your keeping pretty busy, and I am sure being a member of the fibro support group in your area is a big plus. I hope your wish to start a family comes true for you. I am an older woman with fibro and luckily was blessed with many carefree years without fibro as a young woman. So my heart really goes out to those of you that are young and married, and struggling with fibro.

I would say to you to take the time to read the back posts on managing pain and fatigue, as well as, some of the alternate therapies. Ask your doctor, about some of the herbal meds or vitamins, might help in controlling pain in your condition.

And feel free to ask any questions that come to mind. Many times we have our own coping skills that we don't even think of sharing, until someone asks a question that hits home and we think I wonder if what works for me would help him or her. Also answer other peoples questions with your ideas and coping skills.

I look forward to seeing your name around the board. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back