Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
MA
Hello, I got the fibro diagnosis in March but have had symptoms for a few years. I'm having a tough time accepting this. I've always been fit, active, and had a pretty high tolerance to pain.
I now find myself exhausted, loopy, and in constant pain. I'm not taking medication yet but am considering something for sleep. Fibro fog! What the ****? Does anyone else find they can't finish sentences? Also some IBS symptoms.
Where do I go from here?

I know right? Is this Gods way of making us slow down!? I have always been a go getter. Strong, active. I could jump over buildings in a single bound. I use to lift weights and run. Ha, now Im lucky if I can get up my stairs. Im an RN and I can't work any more so Im broke too! Sigh...Yes, for me the brain fog is one of the worst symptoms. My kids hate talking to me because I am always trying to think of a word...lol. ugh. I have been battling this for several years now...so I guess Im getting use to it but it's definitely no fun! For me the key is forget what you "use to" do and find something new that you love that you "can" do. I have a new hobby or two that I am passionate about. I do not make a lot of commitments because I feel bad if I have to cancel. I never know how good or bad I will feel from day to day so planning doesn't work. People sometimes don't get it but my good friends and family do and the rest are going to have to get over it because that's just the way it is and I don't like it either:(

SO good to know someone else gets it! Finding the new normal is tough. I quit work a few months ago but find that I'm more tired than ever! I guess I'm trying to overcompensate for being at home all day. No pressure from anyone but me. My husband and son are very supportive but I can't shake the idea that I'm not contributing.

GrannyC,
I know that feeling of not contributing and worrying over it. Even if you can not go out and work maybe you could find work to do at home or on your computer. There are many jobs online if your good on the computer and have a nice phone answering personality. Many companies are looking for help in order taking and other tech help or writing on line. Read my blog here, Day 7, for more ideas.

Could you babysit or run light errands for your elderly neighbors. You could sell old books you no longer need or computer games, or video's, or DVD's. Could you help a neighbor or friend by sitting a few hours with an elderly parent giving a caregiver a few hours off. Sometimes there are things you can do to earn some pocket change without leaving your home or at least not for long periods of time.

Try and be creative in your thinking. Anyways I hope you enjoy the forum and feel free to ask more questions and join in around the forum. :)

Thank you 1sweed. You're right, I really do need to try to think out of the box. There are a million things out there I haven't considered yet. Gotta get out of this rut!

Thank you 1sweed. You're right, I really do need to try to think out of the box. There are a million things out there I haven't considered yet. Gotta get out of this rut!

Glad to hear you say this, GrannyC... the desire to get out of whatever ruts we're in is the first step in turning things around.

I hope you'll share with us what you're doing as you take control before this spiraled for you... sounds exciting to actually have a plan, yes? At least that's the way I've always looked at these things. :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back