Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
CA
State
Saskatchewan
I was diagnosed about three weeks ago, but assume I've had it for some time. I can usually deal okay with pain, but am quite affected by the constant aching of arms and legs, back etc. It's a nagging, ever-present ache, and although not anywhere near unbearable, it's annoying to say the least and over the counter pain pills have no effect whatsoever.

I appreciate the advise about Vitamin D and Magnesium, and will re-start my intake. How much of each is advisable?

I know there's no test that can verify the presence of this condition. Is it the symptoms that usually diagnose it?

I am very forgetful and foggy a lot of the time. I chalked this up to getting older (I'm 68) but have read FM can cause these symptoms.

I am so happy to have found this forum and really appreciate the help the people on here provide.

saskdaisy,

vitamins D should be 50,000 units a day.

there is a website that you can get a combo of the ones you need.

the test you are looking for is a tender points test. you can look up how to have someone do it on you.

you asked : Is it the symptoms that usually diagnose it?

they answer is yes. but the symptoms are the same as neuropathy, lupus, ms and many others.

your insurance will require your doctor to run tests for each.

once you test negative for all of them, they will do the tender points test on you. thus confirming you have fibro.

you said: I am very forgetful and foggy a lot of the time.
this is part of fibro. this is caused by a few things. mostly fatigue. that will cause many things.
find out through reading the post how to help reduce the fatigue.
you can reduce your pain by doing tapping technique,meditation,diet,exercise, moving around,drinking a lot of water.

your best help is in my post "starting a daily log book and why it helps" do what it says.

Thanks for all the tips.

Hi Saskdaisy,
It really is a puzzle to sort fibromyalgia symptoms out from all the other conditions that have similar symptoms. When I get extra spacey and my head hurts I need to be able to distinguish whether it is a migraine or fibromyalgia because the med I will take is different between the two. I think it is helpful to really listen to your body and keep a log of symptoms like ccmetryme suggested.

I think fibromyalgia is kind of a confusing condition to have because there are so many different kinds of symptoms. I'm glad you have found you way to this forum - these guys have a lot of great information and experience to share!

You are welcome! I may also advice you to try daily meditation and breath exercises when pain catches all your mind and annoying thoughts about pain attack you.

Here is one of them:

Preparation

Sit or lie in a comfortable position. You may choose to close your eyes or keep them open, if you are feeling tired it may be useful to let just a little bit of light in to keep you alert.

The Breath

Begin by gently moving your attention onto the process of breathing. Simply observe each breath as it happens, whether you focus on the rise and fall of your chest or abdomen, or on the sensation of the breath at the nostrils. Really feel what it is like to breath, without feeling the need to alter your breath, just observing it as it happens.

As you engage in this exercise you may find that your mind wanders, caught by thoughts or by noises in the room, or bodily sensations. When you notice that this happens, know that this is okay, and simply notice the distraction but gently bring your attention back to the breath.

Ending the exercise

Take a few moments to yourself, just to really feel connected with the present moment. Expand your awareness from the breath into the room around you, and as you feel comfortable to do so, open your eyes and bring the exercise to a close.

Reflections

Take a few moments to think about what your experience was in this exercise, and how you feel in the present moment.
Do you feel some relief or freedom?

Welcome to the site, my arms ache all the time just like yours. It's like toothache in my arms.
Ask your Dr to do a blood test for vit D .that way he will no what does he wants u on.
I'm always low I fact I need to call myself this week and ask for more vit d pills.im one of them ppl don't matter how many he has me take it never stays there.
So now when I'm out of the ones Dr give me I take ones I buy.i no there not as strong but something is better then nothing.

wtg zolis! good job and a great helpful post.

please start a thread on that and copy and paste your answer in this post to the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back