DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2006
Country
CA
State
ON
Hello everyone,

Well, I have Fibromyalgia and it has been killer this year. It has been a cold, damp year here and I always seem to do worse when it's humid.

I believe this illness started when I was a teenager and has gotten worse over the years with more symptoms showing up over time. I did not get a diagnosis until I think 2006, maybe it was 2005. I had no idea what was wrong with me and I kept getting more and more things going wrong with me, until someone pointed out that it sounded like Fibromyalgia. I looked it up online and at that time I had most of the symptoms.

I do not have a doctor, as they are scarce here and now you have to apply and be approved by the doctor before you can be accepted as a patient. I get turned away, because of my Fibromyalgia. So, basically, my karma sucks. haha

I'm so sorry to hear that. I guess government run health care is not so great. Can you seek treatment out of the country....like the US? Just a thought.

Well, the health care is great if you live in a large populated area, like Southern Ontario and have access to doctors, but we are a rather isolated city here, so not enough family physicians. It is also great that the health care is free, when you can get it. I use to live in Southern Ontario and got a diagnosis of Fibromyalgia and my doctor put me on Amitriptyline, but it turned out I was allergic to it.

I manage on my own and just deal with this the best I can. I couldn't possibly afford health care in the US and would not be able to travel. Thanks for the thought though. :)

Hello Kathleen. Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Hello Kathleen! Welcome to the forum! I really feel for you! I went forever without Ins., and couldn't afford a Dr.! It is very very hard to deal with Fibro. without something to ease up the pain,stiffness,fatigue,etc. Before I was diagnosed, I was taking 90 Ibuprophen a month. It was all I had sometimes. Not good. Now I have Tramadol,which does take the edge off. I also lived on hot moist heat,and wore out 3 or 4 heating pads. I admire your courage,and I know first hand how hard it is to just have to tolerate this by yourself. I took St. John's Wort(and still do) for the moodiness. If you can walk, I find it helps. Also, try to do gentle stretches and move each joint. The key is move slow and easy,but just keep moving! Soft Hugs! Hope this helps!

Thank you for the welcomes. :)

I take Vitamin D and Evening Primrose Oil daily. I find the Evening Primrose Oil helps with my energy level and eases some of my stiffness. I don't take anything for the pain, unless it is excruciating or I have a wicked cluster headache. I tend to just push myself through the day, although I am very limited in what I can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back