Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
NS
Hi all,

It is 1:19 am, and I am trying not to want to chop my legs off. I can't sleep because they ache so much. I don't know if I have fibro. I pleaded with my family doc for a referral to a neurologist (now I know, from reading posts, that I probably should see a rheumatologist. Live and learn.). I have many symptoms, and have done lots of research, and some symptoms are the same, some are not. I get chest spasms, muscle twitches, achy legs, heart palpitations, a very sensitive scalp, and if I bump into things, I want to cry it hurts so bad. This is just the tip of the iceberg. I try to remain positive in my life. I have Crohn's, hypothyroidism, and anemia. I am learning to become a Carpenter, which is neat :) but I will be working with furniture because construction work will be a nightmare with my pains. Does any of these symptoms sound familiar to any of you, at all? I feel like I am at my wits end. I have read lots of your threads and posts and you seem like a very caring bunch. I am glad that I came to this site, and I am very happy to meet all of you :)

Hello and welcome to the forum. We can understand your frustrations in dealing with leg pain and I guess my first advice is to soak in a tub with warm water and epson salts. Or try getting massages of your legs. Lot of the time the muscles get tight and stiff, and they need to be massaged by pressing a hand against your leg and moving the hand upward instead of downward. this seems to help push the tight knots out of leg muscles so they will not hurt as bad. I will tell you that this process hurts, but it does make the pain disappear. I had it done in physical therapy and it worked wonders. The sides and back of thighs need to be done as well. Find a massage therapist who can be gentle with you and knows the proper ways of doing this muscle pain reliever.

we also suggest relaxing as much as possible and laying a warm blanket over your lower legs at night. air conditioning can make the problem worse and so a lightweight blanket keeps you warm plus reduces cramps. I will let others offer you coping skills and hope that something here helps relieve your pain. :)

I finally got a doctor to listen to me. She did the ''tender spot test''...I jumped at most of the spots. She felt that is what it must be. She put me on Savella which I am not through the first month yet so it is kinda hard to tell if it is working. She also put me on meds for restless leg syndrom which has helped alot with that issue. The pain can be unbearable. I have been at the hospital all day as my husband had yet another surgery and driving home I wanted to pull over and cry because my neck, shoulders and arms are hurting so bad. My hips always hurt. I know have numbing finger tips and toes.....

You're not alone. Sounds like you have allodynia (sp?) which means extreme sensitivity to touch...it's caused by nerve hyperexcitability. Symptoms with Fibro tend to wax and wane, so if you have any control over your schedule, that would be a blessing (there are some days that getting up and at em is just not an option). I've never tried Savella, but I hear it takes a few weeks to begin working. Hugs n blessings to u.

Thank you for the warm welcome :) I will have to get more Epsom salt, used to have it around the house but not anymore. I will look up on the allodynia, and in the meantime, patiently wait for my neuro appt :/ never heard of Savella. You are a strong group of people dealing with these symptoms. I remember the first time I talked to someone with Fibro, that was over 10 years ago. I felt so bad for her because the doctors didn't believe that fibro existed. I am thankful that it is more accepted today. Thank you for the advice. I will keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back