Not open for further replies.

Tuppence

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
Would Rather Not Say
Hi, I haven't been diagnosed yet but my doctor is expecting me to be as I have all the symptoms.

I am 22 and I have had symptoms of fibromyalgia for at least 10 years. At first I was seen as a hypochondriac but over the last 8 years or so I have had other health problems diagnosed like IBS and depression. I knew there was more to it than that but this was ignored till my new doctor put all the symptoms together and came up with fibromyalgia. I have been referred to a rheumatologist.

I am happy that I should soon have a name to put to all my problems. It feels more 'okay' to be in pain now because there is a reason for it. But I am also scared and sad.

Tuppence,
I remember being where you are now just on the brink of a solid diagnosis, thinking this is great news I am not a hypochondriac, but just someone with a true illness. I am happy for you in that regard. I am also glad you have doctors working to find out what is wrong and put a name to it. That said, welcome to the forum.

I think this forum covers most of the symptoms people experience with fibro and it offers you a look into what works for some people and what does not. As in medications and daily life coping skills, and ways to help relieve pain through alternative methods, as well as, things you can buy to help you sleep better and ideas on good ways to relax and enjoy life a bit more.

Feel free to post anywhere on the forum and ask questions, as well as, answering others with your thoughts and opinions. Anyone who has suffered in any illness develops some coping skills to share with others. You may have some of your own that we have not yet discovered and what a blessing that would be. Make yourself at home. We are glad you found us. :)

Thank you for the lovely welcome :) I do like it here so far. I'm relieved you understand that getting a diagnosis has a definite positive side. My best friend doesn't get that at all. She seems to think it's my fault for thinking negatively instead of positively. She doesn't mean it in a nasty way, that's just the way she sees the world. It's good to find a forum full of people who understand.

One thing I have always found difficult to deal with is when doctors say "do this and it WILL help you" and when it doesn't help the doctors just shrug and say it helps everyone else. So it's good (but sad) to know I'm not the only person that happens to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back