DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Alabama
I am new to this site, but will share my background info:

I had a sweet baby boy 16 months ago and had him via C-section. Not long after that I began having an achey feeling all over my body. At first I though it was due to just having a baby, no sleep etc. I am not one to complain a lot, so after a few months my husband and mother urged me to go to the doctor. After seeing a few different doctors, I finally had one tell me he thought I had fibromyalgia. I am currently taking 7 Gabapentin a day, Xanax to lessen my anxiety, Amitriptyline and Ambien to sleep, Tramadol to help with the pain along with a number of other Vitamins. My husband is very supportive, but I feel lost. Realistically I am not sure how many times a day I complain about the pain. I give my baby all of my energy plus some because I do not want him to miss out on anything because of me. I used to be so happy, positive and smiling all of the time. Now, I can't wait for the time I can take my sleep medicine at night to knock me out. I am mad that I do not feel like doing anything, and lord knows our sex life has gone down the toilet. I have an appointment with a neurologist in a couple of weeks. I am hoping he will be able to start me on different medications that may be able to relieve some pain and to help with my lack of energy. I am looking for any insight as to how to manage this. (Also, I used to love to exercise and work out, so now I am taking a low impact water class 3 days a week.)

Welcome , ok well, it's a long road your on, You will grieve the person you were. Now let me tell u while u may take along time to adjust .you will adjust.
I have two teen boys 19 17 and a a teen daughter 14 And a 3 year old.and I've had fibro just as long.being a mum Is not all about how many things u can fit in a day. It's about being there .i take my little one swimming I just go when I can . We read cook make things and do the same as every other mum , I just can't do it every day.
And let me tell u ,even if u didn't have this u would still be asking yourself if u were a good mum.
I have the tape of fibro that means if I don't move I go so stiff I could cry. But I cope with tramadol and paracetamol .i have amitripoline at night. And a pill for my bi polar .im on the lowest dose of pain relief a day. Why because I no if I have a flare I can take more.with out a trip to the dr.
There are ppl who come in here who can't walk ,so I count my blessing .your not alone your pain is very real and we do understand you. Feel free to vent away ask anything and join in any tips u find alone the way.we value all in put. I no when I'm having a bad day just one reply really helps me cope.
This isn't going away any time soon .so we battle on Rome wasn't made in a day ,take one day at a time, trust me worrying about years to come just makes u sad scared and mad while still not changing anything . Sending hugs your way xxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back