Not open for further replies.

maria

Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
uk
State
London
hi fellow sufferers, my name is maria, i'm 46 and was finally diagnosed in jan. look forward to chatting to you all and comparing treatments etc. at present i'm on gabapentine 400mg and tramadol 50mg neither seem to help my worst area's which are my arms and hips xx

Hi Maria, welcome to the group!

Do you find the Gabapentine relieves much pain otherwise? I had tried it long ago, but it didn't do much for me either. I then read online that it's only helpful for fibromyalgia sufferers about 30% of the time.

Marie,
First off welcome to the forum. We look forward to getting to know you as well. I have not used your medication mostly because of allergies, so I can not comment about that medication.
I take Neurontin 300 mg capsules and use over the counter pain medications. They take the edge off the pain, but I still have problems with my leg muscles. I have found staying away from stress is the best help, but as you know life it's self, is full of stress, but having time to yourself helps.

As you go through the forum you will find all kinds of topic's and questions and answers by other members. Please make yourself feel at home and join right in and give us some ideas on coping with fibro and your own opinions on any topic. Feel free to vent when things are going wrong or the pain is bad. That is what this forum is for to help each other deal with the symptoms of fibro/cfs/pain. :)

hi janet, i found the gabapentine helped at first but not any more, am waiting for my return appt at the pain clinic to see if they can change my meds. what do you find helps you? i regularly use heat on my arms and back which help for a while also an electric blanket on my bed :)
look forward to chatting with you
soft hugs, maria x

thanks for the welcome :) i haven't heard of the meds you take do they help at all?
my main concern at the moment is my left arm, it's so painful i could chop it off lol, sometimes the pain is so bad it makes me cry, i use heat on it to try and ease it. i think it helps a bit. hoping to find some helpful hints on the forum.
kind regards maria x

Hello! I am new too. Trying to figure this out and look forward to finding people who can relate.
Welcome.

thanks for the welcome :) i haven't heard of the meds you take do they help at all?
my main concern at the moment is my left arm, it's so painful i could chop it off lol, sometimes the pain is so bad it makes me cry, i use heat on it to try and ease it. i think it helps a bit. hoping to find some helpful hints on the forum.
kind regards maria x
Is it a sharp stabbing pain or a weakness and numbness pain. What meds are you tying?
:roll::eek::wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back