Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
Oklahoma
Hello everyone I posted on the new member page as well. My name is Ben. Besides real bad deppression and anxiety chronic fatigue is something i deal with real bad. Sometimes i sleep 20 hours a day and i still feel so tired i can barley get out of bed. One days when i am doing really bad all i can do is sleep. On those days not only do i get really bad headaches but my whole body hurts, i feel tired, deppressed, i sometimes feel like i have a sun burn all over my body and i also feel like i got the flu bug (and it never seems to go away ever).

There's a lot you can do to help some of these symptoms; Get to bed the same time every night to train your brain. I get headaches too if I sleep to long. Is you Dr. helping out with the depression and anxiety? The sun burn and flu feelings are probably nerves. Some times I cannot trust what my body is telling me, I'm NOT on fire, etc.

You didn't mention getting medical help. Have your Vitamin D level checked, you have to ask but many FMers have low vit. D which also helps with pain among other things. Magnesium helps many with depression ,relaxing the muscles.

You need to share this with your Dr. and if he/she is not helpful, find one who is.

Hang in there! Many blessings

There's a lot you can do to help some of these symptoms; Get to bed the same time every night to train your brain. I get headaches too if I sleep to long. Is you Dr. helping out with the depression and anxiety? The sun burn and flu feelings are probably nerves. Some times I cannot trust what my body is telling me, I'm NOT on fire, etc.

You didn't mention getting medical help. Have your Vitamin D level checked, you have to ask but many FMers have low vit. D which also helps with pain among other things. Magnesium helps many with depression ,relaxing the muscles.

You need to share this with your Dr. and if he/she is not helpful, find one who is.

Hang in there! Many blessings

I just finally got on insurance. We are not sure if my doctor can take my insurance that i am on so i might have to find someone else which sucks cause my wife, mom and i go to the same medical doctor. It was my psychiatrist that told me i had it. I used to be on some real sucky insurance for years when i was working. It was the kind that i could not afford to see the doctor daily cause i could not afford it or the co pay. I started seeing my psychiatrist almost a year ago. I had to cut down to part time at my job to lose my insurance plus i was in a bad shape. My wife has bi polar and my mom has dementa and we all live under the same roof. So it was like a soap opera non stop. My wife was the one who made me see him cause i was in such a bad shape. It took a few months but finally one day in July my wife and i wrote down all my problems i was having and they we're lots of them and that was when he begin to realize i had fibro.

I hope that if i can see my regular doctor still he can help me. I am so worn out from them. Just two days ago i was having a great day in the early morning hours and then just two hours later i was in a bad shape again. It hits me at different times. I don't work anymore. We are in the process of moving here in a few months or even sooner. My In laws own a very small complex and they want us to help run it and we are going to move out there with my mom. Even though i don't work anymore i am hopping that moving out there will help me.

I worked in retail for 13 years doing the same thing. I was a bag boy. I started right after high school in 01 and finally left it cause of fibro on August of 2014.

Hang in there Ben. You have friends here that you can talk to.
Keep trying to stay on a schedule of sleep. It helps.
If the head aches continue try smelling sauce works great on migraines too.

Hang in there Ben. You have friends here that you can talk to.
Keep trying to stay on a schedule of sleep. It helps.
If the head aches continue try smelling sauce works great on migraines too.

thanks. my wife wanted to know if there is a place she can talk on for the familes of people with fibro

Hello and welcome to the forum Bennyboy. Tell your wife she is welcome to talk here on site, start a blog or just start a post on that subject and see how it goes. Otherwise do a web search there are lots of forums on the web. Take time and read through the chronic pain and fatigue sections and see if you can find a few new coping skills. Be sure to read the older posts as well.

Also I am happy you took that step of courage and are seeing a psychiatrist who is helping you no doubt cope with the loss of your health, as well as, your ability to work. That is a wonderful thing as it can help you focus on the future instead of dwelling on the past. I had therapy for a few years to cope with those same issues, so good job and well done. I hope your mental state improves and you can have a much brighter outlook on life.

Just jump right in and start posting questions and answering other peoples posts. I am glad your here. :)

Hello and welcome to the forum Bennyboy. Tell your wife she is welcome to talk here on site, start a blog or just start a post on that subject and see how it goes. Otherwise do a web search there are lots of forums on the web. Take time and read through the chronic pain and fatigue sections and see if you can find a few new coping skills. Be sure to read the older posts as well.

Also I am happy you took that step of courage and are seeing a psychiatrist who is helping you no doubt cope with the loss of your health, as well as, your ability to work. That is a wonderful thing as it can help you focus on the future instead of dwelling on the past. I had therapy for a few years to cope with those same issues, so good job and well done. I hope your mental state improves and you can have a much brighter outlook on life.

Just jump right in and start posting questions and answering other peoples posts. I am glad your here. :)

Thank you. While i was sleeping today my wife (her name is Shallen) was reading this place earlier. She was happy to know that there are others going through the same thing i am going through. I don't know what i would do if i was not seeing my psychiatrist. I am supposed to see him sometime next week. I was supposed to have seen him in Dec close to Christmas but things we're so crazy around here. I had enough of my meds that i was okay not seeing him right then. But i need to see him this week cause i am almost out of my meds. I need them daily. One i take during the day time it helps with my spasming and body aches and all out pain. I take 800 MG of Gabapentin also at night before i go to bed. I take it about an hour before i lay down or i will be hurting all night

Benny you might try gralease. Its a time released gabby.
I'm on 1800 mg of gabby and 1800mg of gralease.
Gp says that's to much so trying to wean me off the gabby.
FYI I got new gralease yesterday. One month supply $354 out of my pocket.
Neurologist says dose is fine but could be higher. Pain mgt says dose is to high. Either way the 3600mg is only working to level 2 pain. Doctors what do they know? Lol
Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back