Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
Sve
State
halland
i was diagnosed two weeks ago. i also have degenerative disc disease and plain old arthritus in my hands and feet.

Welcome to the forum andreap! I hope you find answers and support here!

I still haven't figured that out!

Andreap,
I know the feeling I was diagnosed in January and am still learning new things about what irritates the symptoms and makes flares worse. I found out this am that carbonated beverages are not a good thing. Didnt have any for 2 days b/f bought me a diet pepsi and didnt even drink it all and within 4 hours couldnt sleep and the flare got really bad spent the entire day so far in pain.. Just started keeping a journal so I can keep track and not do that again.

sweetpea51, any chance you could have been reacting to the artificial sweeteners and not the carbonation? For some reason that thought just occurred to me.

I haven't even been diagnosed but I have been having problems since January of this year and I am still undiagnosed. I am waiting now for a rheumatologist referral.

Andrea, You'll find that the people in this group are very friendly and supportive. Welcome !

Darkchocolate
I guess it could be the sweeteners but after 2 days with no carbonated drinks I have seen a good amount of relief. Dont get me wrong the pain is still there but any relief is better than anything ....

Darkchocolate
I guess it could be the sweeteners but after 2 days with no carbonated drinks I have seen a good amount of relief. Dont get me wrong the pain is still there but any relief is better than anything ....

I am glad you have gotten relief, that's what matters.

You sound like me by saying the pain is still there. People will ask how I am doing and some days are better than others, but I haven't had a pain/discomfort free day since before January 9th, when all my problems started. I have accepted this as my new normal.

Darkchocolate,
The relief didnt last long .... its 3:30 am here and Im awake again and of course my heating pad has stopped working .....but I will take any relief no matter how short a time it is.

Darkchocolate,
The relief didnt last long .... its 3:30 am here and Im awake again and of course my heating pad has stopped working .....but I will take any relief no matter how short a time it is.

I'm sorry your relief was so short lived. You mentioned that you were recently diagnosed. If you don't mind me asking, what medications do you take? If you are on any medications, were you on the these medications before your diagnosis? Have any been added since your diagnosis?

I have a referral to a rheumatologist on Nov. 19, the referral states: osteoarthritis? fibromyalgia? I read about osteoarthritis and I don't think I have that. I could have a type of arthritis though because my hip joints, shoulder joints, knees and ankles bother me. If I say pain it would be a low level. It's more of an achiness and discomfort. I started with my ankles aching and burning back in January.

At this time I am only on Lyrica for the burning.

Darkchocolate,
I currently take 600 mg of gabapentin twice a daywith an extra 100 at night, tizanidine, fluoxetine and all these were added after I was diagnosed.

sweetpea51, thank you for answering my question. I started out on Gabapentin 300mg- twice a day, then I still had the burning sensations so the doctor said I could take it 3-4 times a day. When I went for my epidural injection consult, that doctor suggested I try Horizant 600 mg twice a day. I still had the burning sensations so at my first neurologist visit, she switched me to Lyrica.

Hi Darkchocolate,
I know you''ve mentioned in another post that you are taking Lyrica. How long have you been taking it? Does it work for you; no more burning sensations?
trial and error, trial and error, trial and error, trial and error

Best of luck :)

Hi Darkchocolate,
I know you''ve mentioned in another post that you are taking Lyrica. How long have you been taking it? Does it work for you; no more burning sensations?
trial and error, trial and error, trial and error, trial and error

Best of luck :)

Good morning Cheryl,

I was put on Lyrica 50 mg 3 X daily on October 6th. When I went back on October 13th, I was still having burning sensations, so she increased the Lyrica to 75 mg 3 X daily. The increase was too much for me-more drowsiness and slightly dizzy. The doctor told me to slowly increase the Lryica. I basically started out at 150 mg total daily and went to 225 mg daily in 1 week. Now I am on 175 mg for 1 week, then I will go to 200mg for a week and then finally 225 mg daily.

So no, I really haven't been on Lyrica all that long. I still have burning sensations, but they are not as bad. The doctor did mention to me that sometimes patients think the medicine isn't working much, but if they stop it, the patient realizes it was working more than they realized.

Last week I was visiting with someone and I was sitting in a chair where my feet couldn’t touch the floor. My feet started burning, then my legs started burning and aching. If I get up and move around it helps for the most part goes away. I just don't understand that, although I am grateful.

I have told doctors and people over and over, it seems worse when I stand in one position, like getting ready in the morning, doing dishes, etc. The burning also happens when I pull my knees up in bed (to prop a book for instance), then my lower back starts aching and my feet will start burning.

Sorry if my reply is more than you wanted, I just wanted to try and give you (all) a better idea of my personal situation. It seems like we all vary in our symptoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back