Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2015
Country
CA
State
Sk
Hi, I am new to this forum. Have just "officially" been diagnosed with fibromyalgia or myofasical pain syndrome. I am from Saskatoon, SK. Just wondering if anyone knows of any support groups in Saskatoon. I'm currently taking Lyrica and low dose naltrexone. I have mainly upper body pain I back and chest, often feels like a heart attack, but heart problems have been ruled out. Would like to connect with others who also have fibro near me.

I hope you find some people near you Hashik.

LDN is not used in UK unless you can find a doctor who will prescribe it privately which is rare.

Does it help the pain?I have heard of it but don't know of anyone who uses it. Its usually a drug for recovering drug addicts i think but i know research has found it helps MS and fibro

Wecome.

Hi Willow,
It's hard to tell right now if it is working yet. I have only been on it for about a month. I am hoping it will help some. I am taking 4.5 mg/day. I think worse than the pain right now is dealing with the fatigue of this disease. Glad to have found this forum.

Welcome, give me pain over tiredness any day.like u most of us don't have real life friends with this,that's why we come here. I sure wish I had a pal close by.
But remember. You always have us here. X

Keep us updated Hashik we are all interested in how you are doing and if you find anything that helps.

Share your story oe anything you want to get off your chest anytime. I would love a pal nearby too. The forum is great but i guess a cup of tea (very English)
with someone in the same situation now and again would be nice.

Take Care

Thanks everyone for the support. I am off work right now and due to go back in 3 weeks. Not sure how I will cope. Also dealing with anxiety and have just been written a script for buspar. Has anyone tried this? I am only 47 and feel 87. So confused about all the medication being thrown at me. How much tramadol is safe to take and is it addictive? Does anyone wake up with numb arms and pins and needles in arms? Also severe chest pains.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back