Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2014
Country
US
State
FL
Hello all, I am new to this diagnosis but not to the pain. For a few years I have had pains and health issues but in the last year (since I moved to Florida) my health has gone down hill. My GP after several MD visits came to the conclusion that I suffer from fibromyalgia. I have a neurologist appt tomorrow. My ASOT is very elevated so they told me I must have a strep infection that was never treated. I took antibiotics for two weeks and had my blood redrawn 2 weeks later. My ASOT is higher than before so now I am awaiting an appointment with a radiologist. I can't make it past noon at work. I am a medical assistant and I am having trouble with all this. I have always pushed through but I am finding i cannot push through anymore. I am always working full time, taking care of my husband who has health issues and we have a 12 year old. I'm wiped out and when my sister for example asked what is wrong I told her about the pain. Her response well we all have pain. We are very close, don't get me wrong, but her support would mean the world. I really don't think I will be able to work full time much longer. On top of fibro issues I have neurological issues. My balance is off, my fingertips and toes go numb. I am at a loss as to what to do.....:(

Hello I too am new to this forum. But I believe it is going to be very beneficial to myself and a lot of others. People in our lives will never understand the extent of pain and all the issues that we suffer. I have given up trying to get my husband and family to understand they think it should be as simple as taking some meds and it should go away. So I suffer in silence. Glad for this site. Hang in there

I knowwhat you mean. I am fortunate that my husband is very understanding, but the rest of my family has no clue. I started taking Cymbalta and Lyrica this weekend and I literally slept all day. I work a full time job (although I have not been there full time lately) and I am not sure how I am supposed to work while on these meds! Lyrica is a wonder med as far as the pain is concerned it just keeps you very sleepy. I think this forum will help us as well. Maybe someday the other people in our lives will get a clue. Chin up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back