DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2011
Country
US
State
MI
Hello

I am new to this website. I have fibromyalgia pain and have had it for awhile. This week in particular has been pretty bad for me with pain. I had to do a lot of ice treatments while at work and home and stop typing with my left hand so I could relieve some pressure from my neck and shoulder from the left side.

My life is different now, I am much slower with everything I do and have a lot of limitations.

I am a female and 49 years old.

I am glad to be a part of this community

Malibu49

Welcome Malibu49,
I can relate. I am 46 with a 12 year old that is trying every ounce of my patience lately. I also work as a medical assistant in the health Department clinic. I am glad I do not do any lifting or I would have quit already. I take vitals, room patients and help with procedures. Still some days I want to cry because I am in pain (I actually have cried a time or two). Some say I should go for disability. I am still working tho. I have FMS and polymyalgia. At this moment is more the polymyalgia that is causing me trouble. It is very painful in the collarbones and on my left side it is into the shoulder and up the neck. The right side is not so bad. I think it helps to see that you are not alone. I come on this site often just to read and feel supported. You will find great advise and empathy here.
tharper

Hello Tharper

Thank you for making me feel welcomed to this great website. I work in the medical industry as well, but in the customer service department
via phone only. So i sit at a desk fof 8 hours,which causes stiffness if i do not do my stretches at my desk. Also my neck
and shoulder hurt a lot along with numbness in the arm and hands, but some how i am managing to keep worrking
because of my pile of bills.

If I get to the point of crying at work, i go home because i pushed myself too far i have to lay down tbe rest of the day.

That has happened a few times. I tried to file disabilty, but was told i would have to reduce my income down to about 1040 a month. It is
difficult to survive on what i ammaki.g now ddue to loss of half my income and debts,so i do not know how they think
I can survive on that amount.

It is very frusting, but i must somehow stay positive and move forward. Stress makes my pain worst.

It is nice to have people to talk to that relate to what i am going through.

Malibu49

Hi and welcome , always nice to meet new ppl ,sadly in a site for fibro.im 42 year old mother of four. I had to quit my job as I was felling to sleep all over the place. Not a great thing to do in an army camp.i do miss it but live is what it is.they say God only give you what u can handle, I think he must have a lot of trust in me some days lol.
I suffer numb right hand and arm . But I didn't help that throwing a ball for the dog everyday.my fibro fog is a night mare and I've missed to appointments with the nurse ,they will think I don't care ,I do and I'm so mad with myself . Still as u say u have to keep moving forward where else can u go hehe.

Hello Forgetmenot,

I like your screen name.

I filed for disability, although I cannot afford to file, but was denied.

This weekend has been a little painful for me on the left side of neck and back. Also I get numb in both hands all the time from carpel tunnel.

I have a nice long holiday weekend coming up for xmas and I plan on being at home lounging and relaxing.
I am not going to do to much around the house either.

I just want to rest my painful muscles and joints.

Are you doing anything for the holiday?🎁🎄🎅

Malibu49

Hello sugar. Well I did most of my x mas shopping. And like u I plan to having a rest. House work up to dateish lol so just plan on a few quite days just doing little and offen as doing nothing really make me sooooo stiff.i have a wonderful dog called jake his a tri colour border collie. Having him makes me have to go out, today I don't want to move as I hurt a lot ,but jakes looking at me as if to say come on women take me out lol.
Right now I can't tape with my left hand just cramps up.
I do hope your feeling good today sending hugs xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back