Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Hi everyone,
This is my first post on the forum so I probably should begin with a little background information. My name is Dale I just hit 31 years old and got diagnosed a bit over 3 years ago (symptoms began about 6 months earlier) whilst studying in northern China (funny story about that actually which I'm sure only seasoned vets might find funny, I certainly didn't at the beginning!). Anyway so came home to get the hopeful but ultimately reprehensible 2nd and 3rd opinions, moved back in with my parents (awesoommee!) fiancee left me (not bitter :lol:) went to a few medicine men with "super" powers (no need to divulge much there ;)) tried a dozen different vitamin plans and picked up a fair bit of info through trial and error along the way. There's much more to tell but that's for another time, I'd like to help out where possible and hopefully you guys won't mind helping me if needed.
Talk soon,
D.

Dale, you're such a young dude. So very sorry to see you here, but welcome.
Tom

Welcome, so sorry. I am waiting to be diagnosed too. Scheduled for tests.

Welcome Dale. There are several Aussies and the scattered Kiwi here so you're in good company.

Glad to see I'm NOT ALONE!
:)
Be that as it may, I'm still probably the youngest on this forum.
I wouldn't be surprised if some chemical pollutant or environmental alteration (such as the destruction of the ozone layer) were found to be a contributing factor for the onslaught of JALS diagnoses during the past decade, or even ALS in general.
Really, it makes a lot of sense.

Glad to see I'm NOT ALONE!
:)
Be that as it may, I'm still probably the youngest on this forum.
I wouldn't be surprised if some chemical pollutant or environmental alteration (such as the destruction of the ozone layer) were found to be a contributing factor for the onslaught of JALS diagnoses during the past decade, or even ALS in general.
Really, it makes a lot of sense.

You are the youngest I've seen and I am so sorry you got it so early. I haven't got my diagnosis yet. I just turned 30 but I've had symptoms since late 2007. Chronic fatigue since 2003.

Hate this disease with all my being. I have seen a good bit of young ones diagnosed. I know of just off the top of my head. A 15 year old, about 3, year old's, and a ton of 20 somethings. This is just plain wrong. I think any age is to darn young, but if I got it when I was 70, well then something else may have gotten me anyway.
I hate that children have to watch parents, and in this case parents watch children.
We need a cure YESTERDAY..

Hi Dale...I'm 38 (just a bit older) and it sucks we have to meet this way! I'm interested in hearing what you have tried and worked well for you.

Welcome and hugs...

Hate this disease with all my being. I have seen a good bit of young ones ALS diagnosis. I know of just off the top of my head. A 15 year old, about 3, year old's, and a ton of 20 somethings. This is just plain wrong. I think any age is to darn young, but if I got it when I was 70, well then something else may have gotten me anyway.
I hate that children have to watch parents, and in this case parents watch children.
We need a cure YESTERDAY..

Amen...amen...AMEN!

welcome and sorry. glad youve found your way here. your stories sound exciting, cant wait to hear them

Sorry about the diagnosed.We are here to listen, support and help.
blessings, Pat

Sorry you have to be here, a lady I met today sid her nephew was diagnosed at 6 years old with als. he is now 18.

wait a minute... Joni, did you mean 16 or is 6 correct?
I didnt know kids that young could have it... WTF? How is it not bad enough without it affecting little kids too?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back