Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
CA
State
Quebec
I am in my 30's, married with one fur baby...a kitty. I work as a orderly at a psychiatric hospital. I am also an artist; I studied photography but I also draw, paint and write poetry.
I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia this year. I have been experiencing symptoms since I was in my early 20's, as far as I can remember. However, the symptoms became a lot worse about 4 years ago. I have been mentioning said symptoms to my family doctor for years now, but she was never worried. She only started sending me off to get tests in the last year because I was off work for a total of 7 months this time. And that does not include the time I was back at work but on light duty. The longest i'd ever been off before was 1.5 months. I mentioned fibromyalgia to her this year but she waved it off with a face and said, "Oh..it's not that". Well guess what, it is that!

I've been prescribed naproxen, dilaudid and elavil. Either they didn't work or the side effects were so bad that I had to stop taking it. My rheumatologist told me that 85% of people suffering from fibromyalgia do not feel any relief from taking medication. Apparently I am part of that 85%.

Work is coming down hard on me, I will possibly lose my job in the next couple of years unless I suffer through. My job entails heavy physical labour at times.

My family gives me minimal to no support. I'm expected to reach out to them and always be the one to contact them.

My husband is supportive but he's feeling the stress of it too. He's been my only rock but my family points their finger at him as the cause of my illness.

Still, through it all...i'm laughing and having a good time, or trying to. I refuse to wallow in this but sometimes I have days where I feel a little hopeless...but no one gets it. Not one person. Feeling alone when you're hopeless is really really horrible.

I'm hoping to meet some people who will know what I'm feeling and can offer me some support and insight. I would love to lend my support as well. Besides my job, caring for people comes naturally to me.

Thank you :)

Hi and welcome , we will tak you in with open arms hugs are mandatory here. Trust me when I say we all get you.dont feel shy to rant away if you need to.cry or have a paddy .that what we're here for.
I've had a really hard day today and my pain killers anit done much so.why is it when u hurt your always busy.
So hot bath and a movie tonight and maybe so sleep would be a bonus x

Hi,

Sounds like it took a while to get to your diagnosis... I get help from some tramadol, bit cannot tolerate enough of ot to fully handle all the pain...

So i use alternative medicine for more relief... I use topical pain relievers, heat ,accupressure, stretching, cold laser...some supplements, vit d , fish oil, tumeric .. This disease takes a lot of trial and error...what works for one , may not help the next..

You need a dr who will work with you.. Do you have mostly pain ? Hows your energy level?

Lj

I Get you!

God blesses Messes!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back