Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
TX
Hi I am newly diagnosed, and was told to go see "someone that specializes in Fibromyalgia". The medicine that they gave me has run out. I have no insurance and can not afford to pay out of pocket. Thanks for taking the time to read this and am hoping someone can provide me with information. So here is what is going on.....

1. I literally want to put a bullet in my head, I can not sleep, hurt to bad to eat, my jaw is sore, my head is pounding and I am in so much pain I feel like I am going crazy!!! Since I am not able to afford a doctor now or anytime soon - what can I do to ease this pain?

2. I am driving everyone in my family crazy. I am snapping at the littlest things, then five minutes later apologizing because I feel so bad that I snapped like that. I am a very easy going person and THIS IS NOT ME, but it just happens which just makes me feel even crazier. Is this common?

3. Are there any problems out there that help with medical bills and medications? I would even do clinical studies......I JUST NEED THIS TO STOP.

Any help or advise is really appreciated and thanks for reading this.

Dear Humblefox,

I am so sorry for your struggles. First off just know you aren't alone, I am newly diagnosed as well, just found out this month that I have had this invisible illness for years. I have had those days to where I am in SO MUCH PAIN, I cry, throw things, get very angry and depressed. I snapped at my family and friends, and apologized moments later because it wasn't their fault I was going through this. You are not crazy, pain can make people do and say things. Pain changes people. My Dr. told me that I have to find a combination of medication that works for me and helps with the depression and pain. Depression tags along with Fibro, so I went through a trail or many different SSRIs to see which one helped with my Depression and Anxiety, I found Zoloft HELPS ME A LOT, I am on 25mg 1x a day. It helps me cope with this pain much better, Depression can cause aches and pains, so put that on top of your Fibro pain and yes it feels like you are going crazy. Try finding an SSRI that works for you, I am on the hunt for a good medication that helps with my pain. Its trial and error until I find the right one. But I am not giving up and neither should you. Hot baths help me to relax, and I lay on giant ice packs to help numb the areas where I have the most pain. If you are a tea drinker, try sleepy time tea, the chamomile will help relax you and calm you down. I hope this helps! Dont stop fighting!

Gentle Hugs!

Ask your Pharmacy if they could point you in the right direction for financial assistance. If not call your clinic and ask them. Sometimes it takes a while to Clear" the assistance.

Fibrofighter93,

Thank you so much for your caring words. Ithe really does help to hear from others suffering also. I will definitely try the tea. And the ice packs, I have also discovered that hot baths do help. And again, thanks!! When no one else around you truly understands how painful this is, they don't seem to fully understand, so it's nice to hear that youreally not alone.

Moe1959,

I will be asking a pharmacist, I never thought of doing that. Thanks!

Humblefox,

Your truly welcome. We are all in this together, I know what you mean about others not understanding our pain. I completely agree. Others think they understand but no one does until they experience it.

Sorry that you are going through such a difficult time. While I have insurance, I also use homeopathic medicine as part of my treatment. Many people find some relief using herbs, exercise, and other non-traditional methods. While they may not completely alleviate your symptoms, which even with the best medical treatment is a taxing endeavor, it is possible to reduce the severity of your symptoms. I suggest searching for "Homeopathic treatments for Fibromyalgia" or "Home remedies for Fibromyalgia" and see if there is anything that you can do.

It is often hard to remember that you are not looking for complete and total relief, but something that makes the pain, fatigue, etc. tolerable. Most methods and treatments will take some time to show efficacy, which can be discouraging and frustrating. When it comes to treating FMS, the best thing you can do for yourself is learn patience. Every person is different, and there is no single treatment that works for everyone. Someone may swear by treatment X and another by treatment Y, and both would be absolutely correct because their treatments worked for them.

There is a long and often confusing, frustrating, and painful road ahead of you. You are not alone! Please try to take it one step at a time, and be willing to try different modes of treatment on your journey to managing your FMS. It took me a while to learn not to get discouraged when something didn't work. It was especially hard coming to terms with how individual-specific FMS is. I was so hopeful when someone would tell me about the miracle drug or herb they used that gave them there life back. When it didn't work for me I felt discouraged, and often alone in my suffering. I have come to terms with my FMS, and realize that each of us is impacted in similar, yet vastly different ways. The severity can wax and wane, the symptoms can change throughout the day, and weather can deeply impact those symptoms. Many days feel like a roller coaster ride that is mentally, physically, and emotionally exhausting. Accepting that you do not fit into a specific mold, and need an individualized treatment plan (that includes diet, exercise, and any medication/herbs/supplements needed) definitely helps.

I hope you are able to find a treatment that helps manage your symptoms, and are able to see a rheumatologist to guide you in your treatment plan.

Thank you Gypsy Rose,

Thank you for responding. I was finally able to be seen at a clinic and the clinic doctor is referring me to a rheumatologist. I am excited to get started on a treatment plan. After researching Fibro I do see that everyone's treatments are different.

Fibro is actually ruining my life and I understand my life will never be "normal" again. But I really want to go back to work, back to family activities, etc.

One step at a time is exactly what I need to remember

Hi,
I am newly diagnosed too, but I have had pain for two years. I thought I was dying for much of that time. It is true that everyone has different treatments. And some people have AMAZING results. From what I hear, but haven't experienced yet since this is new to me too,
1. MANY fibro people love tramadol and it gets them through those times they wanna die.
2. exercise is key, and it can help heal people.
3. the cause of fibromyalgia is different for certain people, so every treatment has to be different too.

I currently take vitamins like magnesium and vitamin D and my multis, and I am strarting probiotics again and taking CBD oil, which is non-THC cannabis. I prefer a natural approach to things, but I am also going to try to take some meds because it's hard to work, sleep, exercise, socialize, etc. Believe me I know it's tough. My husband puts up with a lot. I was a lot more suicidal at first, though. I have adjusted to living with pain and somehow feel it less now. I don't know. I also wonder if I will ever be normal, because I'm 24, but so many people get through this and I guess I have no choice but to keep trying. For me the worst part is just the pain and exhaustion day-to-day. i felt like i didn't know how much longer I could keep doing it. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, is so hard. you're not alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back