Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
03/2014
Country
US
State
MI
ok so here is my story......I hope you are sitting down.
Back in 2011, my husband took me into the ER with severe abdominal pain, the ER doctor said that I was suffering from diverticulitis/colitis and possibly severe endometriosis. Went in to my gynecologist and they confirmed the endometriosis, scheduled a tubal litigation and a d and c in January 2012. that didn't help barely at all so I was then scheduled for a full hysterectomy in February of 2012 the endometriosis was a level 5.....doctor said he hadn't ever seen it that bad except for in text books and that I actually had organs that were fused together because of it. that helped with some of the pain but I was still having sever pain when I would try to eat anything. I was then referred to a gastro doctor and was told that it is not diverticulitis or colitis after having a colon screening and that I was diagnosed with IBS. Still having severe pain almost all of the time even on meds, I was told to try going gluten free, which has helped also but still in pain. Currently I eat none of the following.....seeds, nuts, leafy greens, gluten.....I'm sure there is more that I am forgetting....... Any way now I have been newly diagnosed with severe migraines and fibromyalgia just about a week ago. I was put on gabapentin and it seems to be helping but I am getting severe cramping about 30 minutes after I take it and that lasts about 45 minutes. the meds that I currently take are as follows.......
Hyoscyamine .125 at 10am, 2pm, and 6pm daily for the IBS
Hyoscyamine .375 at 10pm for the IBS
Estradoil 1.5 at 10pm for hormone replacement therapy
Phillips Colon Health probiotics
One a day women's vitamin
Tramadol for pain if I absolutely can not handle it anymore
Gabapentin 100mg 3 times per day

did I mention that I can not seem to sleep more than about 30 minutes at a time.....I wake up countless times every night......I try to just lay there and try to go back to sleep but most of the time I can not get comfortable and there for can not sleep and I am exhausted at work every day.

Is anyone else going through all of this, or does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am only 40 and would like to enjoy my son's high school sports and my daughter is having a baby within the next month and I would like to have my life back and be able to enjoy it. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

now I am even more exhausted from trying to remember all of that.

That is a lot to deal with. There are a lot of good coping skills here and hopefully you will find something that helps. Have you tried ginger to help settle your stomach?

No I haven't tried ginger, but I am very cautious is what I try as it seems everything reacts to my stomach in a negative way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back