Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
07/2016
Country
US
State
PA
Hi!

I am glad I found this site! I have ms and have for 10 years. I was diagnosed with fibro this week and so I'm still trying to learn about it. I haven't been feeling well for the past year and at my yearly physical, my primary dr. Ordered bloodwork. I had some levels off and she referred me to a rheumatologist. The rheum was okay, didn't really seem too concerned , told me I have fibromyalgia and she didn't need to see me again. I felt like she didn't believe me when I was telling her my symptoms.

What medicine do most people take for go to? She mentioned a depression med but didn't give me a prescription.

Also, does go to show in bloodwork? My Ana was positive at 1:160 homogeneous, see rate is 38 and ccp is 37. She said they were mildly high, nothing to worry about.

Thanks for any help and I look forward to getting to know you better!!
-Tara

Hi, there!

I was just diagnosed, so I can't tell you too much about medications apart from what I was suggested to take-- which is Lyrica.

You should really talk to your GP about it, though-- and be absolutely certain that whenever you get doesn't interact negatively with anything you're currently taking; if you're on anything else.

I'm also still waiting on results of a very long workup to see if I have MS as well-- so we'd kind of be in the same boat, there.

Take care and try to keep your stress levels down and get some light exercise!
Ice on my sore joints helps me feel more comfortable.

Thanks! I will definitely follow up with my doctor to get her thoughts. I'm not currently taking anything for my ms (though that will probably change very soon). I hope you get good test results back and you don't have ms. If you do, know that there are many treatments and you can have good health for years to come!

I think if you have ms or any other autoimmune disease it's more likely you'll get another. Good luck and thanks for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back