Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
US
State
ME
My Fybromyalgia pain is worse in the morning and I really have to push myself to get ready for the day/work. I used to be a very active person but now I find since I experience the pain on a daily basis I feel really lazy most days at home. I used to experience flares that would last two to three days maybe two or three times a month but now chronic. Even the thought of doing anything is overwhelming unless it’s due to work and I really have motivate myself to get there. I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do or take to increase my energy and decrease discomfort in the AM? I’m usually feeling better in the late afternoon and evening and can get few daily activities done then like supper, laundry and housework. I’m feeling almost normal at this time most days. I don’t sleep well at all- I have been taking Doxepin before bed for sleep past two weeks which isn’t helping. I’m on my second increased dose and will contact my Dr. - Cymbalta 90mg in the evening for the past month or so and Tramadol 50mg 3 times daily past three years- for back pain as well. I would appreciate any help or ideas of what is helping others here. Thank you.

My Fybromyalgia pain is worse in the morning and I really have to push myself to get ready for the day/work. I used to be a very active person but now I find since I experience the pain on a daily basis I feel really lazy most days at home. I used to experience flares that would last two to three days maybe two or three times a month but now chronic. Even the thought of doing anything is overwhelming unless it’s due to work and I really have motivate myself to get there. I’m wondering if there’s anything I can do or take to increase my energy and decrease discomfort in the AM? I’m usually feeling better in the late afternoon and evening and can get few daily activities done then like supper, laundry and housework. I’m feeling almost normal at this time most days. I don’t sleep well at all- I have been taking Doxepin before bed for sleep past two weeks which isn’t helping. I’m on my second increased dose and will contact my Dr. - Cymbalta 90mg in the evening for the past month or so and Tramadol 50mg 3 times daily past three years- for back pain as well. I would appreciate any help or ideas of what is helping others here. Thank you.
Hi Susan - I do not take any meds right now. Trying to avoid that. But reading this hits me for sure today. Today is a day that takes every ounce of strength to be at work. Got up feeling like I had been hit by a bus. That happens from time to time. No idea why, no rhyme or reason to this "condition". Today my aches ache. Hopefully you will get some helpful suggestions :) I chimed in as support to feeling your pain.

Hi Susan, Like you I feel the worst in the early morning and if it is going to get better it starts around 2PM. By 4 I can be active. Of course by then most of the day is gone!

What I have learned is that if I can get myself out the door first thing in the morning, no matter how bad I feel, and take even a short walk, I will speed up the process and usually start feeling better much earlier in the day. I highly recommend this to you.

I also find that exercise, what I can do each day, has made a huge difference in the depth and length of the pain flares I have. Walking is the best thing for me, or hiking. But for you it may be something else. Experiment.

I took Tramadol 3X a day also, for about as long as you. I went off it because long term use of opiates is extremely bad for you, and is definitely physically addictive. I am not willing to be addicted to any drug. I have learned to manage the pain with much less harmful medications, with exercise as I can tolerate it, with diet, and with maintaining as best I can a positive attitude toward it.

Positive attitude doesn't mean I'm just cheerful all the time or a Pollyanna! Not at all. It means, I do my best to accept what I have to deal with each day, and am grateful for what I am able to be grateful for each day, and remember not to fight it or get angry or resentful of the fact that my body has this problem now because that will have a very debilitating effect on my body, thereby making things worse.

I have found things I can do that bring me joy and I do them as and when I can. I make a point of finding joy in the smallest things. And I always remember that there are hundreds of millions of people who have a much worse life than I do. All these things help me.

Good luck to you...

Hi Susan. I am so sorry to hear of your struggles. I also understand very well and know how it feels.
I also find great relief in exercise. Not only physical relief but mental. I too find the most difficult part, finding the motivation in the morning but as sunkacola said, if you can get yourself to make those first steps ( whatever they are for you ), then you have won the battle. Find a quiet peaceful place where you can have a few minutes to yourself in the morning w a cup of tea or your favorite drink and take your time gathering your thoughts and prayers for the day. One day at a time is all we can do and putting our pains in perspective can be an overwhelming thought. That's why we need to find joy in every moment and then the rest of it will come. I am praying that you find strength relief today and most important that you know you are not alone in this.

Hi, Susan! I can definitely sympathise with your symptoms. I find it extremely difficult to get up in the morning because any pain is worse and I usually start to function after 2 o' clock or even later. Every person who experiences fibro should find his/her own pace and motives which can relieve the pain. Personally, I combine things in order to ease the pain. For example, in the mornings, I try to wake up at the same time every day and of course motivate myself to get up; I literaly say things to myself such as " You can do it!" or something because I'm in excruciating pain. Also, working out regularly helps. Meditation even for 10 minutes , as well. Yoga or pillates for beginners have helped me, too. And swimming in the summer or in a pool all year does wonders. The most important thing is to deal with the fact that there's pain everywhere, every day, which is difficult to relieve. I 'm on Lyrica [75mg/every day] and cbd oil which I only take it before I sleep because it's the only thing that makes me fall asleep even though it doesn't taste nice. Finally, although I was negative at first, I joined group therapy and it was the best decision I've ever made. I used to be highly energetic, multi - tasking and lively person so I have to fight with myself so that I can cope with the new reality which is most of the times frustrating and makes me angry. When you find what suits you, you will feel much better; as for the flare - ups, you have to be patient and do your best or opt for everything can makes you feel better [e.g. hot showers, getting rest etc. ] I think tat sharing your struggles helps a lot, too. You 're not alone - you need to know that and keep being positive! Hope I helped you! Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back