Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2016
Country
US
State
AL
I've had migraines, back, and arthritis pain for years. A couple months ago, I started getting light headed spells and my doctor sent me to a neurologist, who after many tests diagnosed me with degenerative disc disease, carpal tunnel, and fibromyalgia all at once. I was dealing with the pain okay until 3 days ago. I woke up Friday and couldn't move my left arm or leg at all. My boyfriend could move them and I could feel them, but I had no control over my left side. We went to the er and the doctor said it was probably the fibro, have me a shot of Valium, and sent me home. I regained control of my arm, but 3 days later I still can't move my leg. I'm setting an appointment with my regular doctor tomorrow when his office opens, but meanwhile I tried doing some research online. Nothing I can find links loss of muscle control to fibromyalgia, just articles about MS. Any information anyone can give is greatly appreciated to help calm this anxiety of the unknown.

Cazza

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2016
Country
UK
State
Merseyside
Hi I was diagnosed yesterday officially, although it had been suggested before. i have less feeling on my right side than on my left. i realised this when a physio therapist ran a paper towel down each side and i felt less on my right. i do have a lot of pain in my right leg. i have woken up in bed an been unable to move. i just have to focus and try to turn over. i eventually manage it, i have got my partner to help roll me over and that helps but its horrific pain when this happens and i try to move.

Status
Not open for further replies.