Diagnosis
09/2016
Country
US
State
Idaho
Hello, I'm not sure how this forum works so I apologize
If I'm doing this wrong. I was diagnosed this September
this year with fibromyalgia. I thought I had ra since I have 3 sister's with it. I went to see a new ra doctor and he believes I don't have ra. He did the 18 point test on me and I had a lot of the sore spots. I also have osteoarthritis and have a lot of pain from that. I also have chondrocalsinosis in which calcium has built up in the fluid between my joints which can cause pain and inflammation. Then I was referred to a pain clinic and this new doctor doesn't believe I have fm. Ah, hello! I've been in constant pain all year and I am experiencing a lot of the fm symptoms. It's so frustrating for a doctor not to believe me! It's so frustrating not to be able to think, talk and do things I used to do! It's so frustrating to be in so much pain and just because my body wasn't in extreme pain at the exam doesn't mean I don't have it! This whole week so far has felt like an fm flare up. I can't stay with a doctor who isn't going to believe what my ra doctor diagnosed me with. I'm so very frustrated!

First of all, I'm sorry to hear you're having such trouble with your new doctor. I don't blame you for not wanting to stay with a doctor that doesn't believe what you have been diagnosed with. My mother had ra and I've had symptoms (or so I thought) for the last couple of years, so I know how it feels to deal with ra then get a fibromyalgia diagnosis. I hope you find a better doctor that helps you more.

Hi Sharon1960, welcome
I'm sorry that doctor was so negative. I wish people understood how much physical pain that kind of treatment causes FM patients.

I think that if the pain doctor does not agree with your diagnosis they need to take it up with the ra doctor, not you, the patient. It was unprofessional to put you in that position.

I hope you find a doctor who can help you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back