Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2015
Country
US
State
CA
Hi, I'm Katie. I'm a 31 yr old insurance agent, wife of ten years and mom to 4 boys ages 8, 7, 1 and 4 months. I've had issues that I've been told since I was 15 are all because of my hypothyroidism. After many years of ignoring many symptoms the severe pain started in about 2 years ago. It waned some during my pregnancies but hit me like a brick soon after delivery. FINALLY I was able to see an excellent rheumatologist who himself is a fibro patient. Friday he told me that without a doubt I have fibromyalsia and probably have for a long time but it just got worse gradually. Anyhow. He has me starting with a sleeping pill and figure out what works to help me get better sleep then move on to muscle relaxers and Mirapex if I can tolerate it. Thanks for listening !

Hi Katie, glad to meet you! I'm glad to hear you have a good, supportive doctor. My doctor also started with a sleeping aid when I was first diagnosed.

When I first came on this forum I was advised to keep a logbook of symptoms and treatments. I think it was really good advice, otherwise it is so hard for me to remember how I was feeling yesterday much less last week :)

Please feel free to ask questions, share what you've learned, chat or vent. I've found this to be a safe, supportive place

Welcome. Shame we can't hand out a badge to new members hehe.
What DK says is good advice ,even though I'm not doing it atm .but I should ,having it all wrote down not only helps to see the bad days but help you pick out the better days,
Feel free to use our padded room to vent.;)

Somewhere in my research I read that they think there could be a link to hypothyroidism. Since they don't know what fibromyalgia really is, they might be connected. Or it could be the stress from the hypothyroidism brought on the fibromyalgia. Either way, here you are. The drug study I am on for fibromyalgia is looking at the connection between sleep and symptoms. Maybe when the study is over I will ask my doc for a Rx for sleep as I have learned that there does seem to be a connection for me.

Fibro and sleep go together. We don't go into all sleep stages .so even if we spend hours asleep we don't feel rested at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back