Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2020
Country
US
State
IL
So I am a very new blogger, but since I do not sleep at night anymore due to my fibromyalgia I thought this would be a great way for me to reach out to others who are suffering. I was recently diagnosed with this disease so I'm going through all emotions including depression, feeling like an invalid and inferior. I am a very active mother of 2 boys and now 2 girls (my fiance's children) so I do not have time for this. How do you deal with the nonstop pain and all the other symptoms go through. Please tell me your stories of dealing with this and how to overcome it. Is there anything I need to be aware of? My doctor informed me that I have severe fibromyalgia and may need to go on disability. That was crushing to me since I'm only 46 and have a strong work ethic.

I have fibromyalgia since about 2008. I have a good out look in life since i was very young.
As time goes on i get pain alot. Ibuprofen 200 mg works ok. I take a controlled medication.
Also i had a PT that helped me on the proper exercise's This helps to keep my body going.
When you stop you will be hurting. One thing i have done is to lay out on the bed. Few hours
and seems to help alot. You must think on the good thoughts. Try every day to use a good
thought or be happy. You might be taking some medication. I'm new on how to use this forum.
I hope this help a little. You will do fine.

Irvin, you will be OK. Don't stress out thinking you are going to need disability - that is just worrying about something that has not happened and may never happen. Focus on the moment and today and do whatever you can to help yourself deal with this effectively. See my post on "my advice on managing fibromyalgia" for suggestions, all of which are things I do because I have found they help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back