DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2010
Country
CA
State
AB
Hi there!
My name is Angela and I have been suffering with Fibro for 5 years now. I had to diagnose myself because I am not normally someone who feels pain like this. It took a lot of blood work, xrays and chatter for me to finally tell my Doctor it may be Fibromyalgia and she agreed. I have been perscribed Cymbalta which worked for me right away but now that I am one of the unlucky Albertans to be laid off and unemployed I am taking Venlafaxine which isn't doing a whole lot. I will apologize now for spelling errors, my glasses have broke.
I would like to know what everyone else in this forum would recommend. I would prefer to mix weed into my food but my Doctor doesn't recommend it LOL

Thanks for listening to my rant:)

Angela

Hi Angela, welcome to the forum

Sorry to hear you are unemployed, that is tough.

I'm guessing you are asking about inexpensive ways to control your symptoms? Walking (if you can do it) really helps me. Sleep and rest are also important. Keeping a written log of your symptoms will help track which things work.

Welcome Angela. So sorry you've been laid off. Any hopeful jobs on the horizon? Did you start in cymbalta b4 trying neurotin? Lyrica and cymbalta are the heavy hittes, exsoensive with some nasty side affects. Have you tried gabapentin? (Lyrica was $75 with my ins. Gabby is $15) Is mj legal where you are? if it works for you it's probably the safest and cheapest (if home grown really cheap). Have you added vitamen D and magnesium? Epsom salt baths detox the muscles and will improve your sleep. Heating pad....well that's just electric love! Lol.
I'm sure if you go to alternative and chronic pain section you'll get more help, but this might get you going.
Welcome again.

Last edited:
Hi Angela, so sorry about the job which adds stress which adds pain, at least for me. I live in Florida so weed and most effective medicines are not allowed. Will your Dr. prescribe "Vicoden or Percocet. They have been life savers in the past for me. Hugs, Trista.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back