Not open for further replies.

Chris Madden

Diagnosis
01/2009
Country
US
State
NC
I am Chris. I am a mom and grandma and have been battling this craziness for a few years now. Originally I thought I had just psoriasis. Nothing cleared it up. They started me on MTX and it was HORRID! Did it for 10 months, battled weekly nausea and exhaustion. Absolutely horrible side effects. No one believed me. Joint pain and stiffness in hands and swelling were constant. Exhaustion was so bad I couldn't stay awake throughout a full day. Period. Sick a lot. In 2012 I started on Enbrel, it did okay but the pain was still pretty bad. I tried it for six months. I have been to three different Rhematologists - none will talk to me. The first never even looked at me, only spoke to his nurse not me. Second was rude as could be. Third told me I didn't have Psoriatic Arthritis, which is fine, but what IS wrong? She said Fibromyalgia, but treatment is the same as what I was taking! Then she walked out of the room. So back to second Rheumatologist to see if I could suffer through a change in medicines. She decided to try Humira. It was like a totally different doctor! She said there are only four medicines for your illness you can't keep switching! I said I just want something to work! I had tried MTX for 10 months, Enbrel for 6, what can I do? I told her I hurt so bad I can hardly do my job! I am IT but I climb in and out of big trucks working on computers a lot. A lot of work in cold garages and the pain is so bad some days I can't stand it! She said they would never give you disability. Don't even think about it! I said I don't want disability, I want to feel good again! She had me start Humira. It worked well! Been a year, I take 40mg every week by Pen. The last month however I have a whole new Psoriatic Rash and my pain levels have been high again. Every week I take the Humira I spend Saturday and Sunday sleeping! I have to! I am exhasted! Anyway, that is my story! Still looking for a good and kind Rheumatologist.

Welcome again. I am sure other members who have used the type of medications you use can give you some pointers on dealing with the drugs and side effects, better than I can because they are drugs I have never heard of before.

Check out the topic section on pain management and see if you can find some useful information that will make you feel better. It is always nice to welcome new members on to the forum. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back