Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
Well I've been doing really well for the last few months.
Then the fair came to town,so I took little one last night . All I did was watch her on the rides and my elder daughter on the really big ones. I would of loved to jump on a few but thought better of it.
Today every part of me hurts.im going for pip atm well the UK version anyway.
And I'm going to have to get some back up from my Dr. One night out two hours was all. No rides just watching and I feel so beaten up.how they think anyone with this illness can work il never no.
I do admire u who have to work.just make u feel so useless at 42.im not feeling sorry for myself more cross with my body grrrrrrr

I had a similar experience watching my husband and kids at a small amusement park. I suspect all the loud noises and flashing lights set of my physical stress response even though emotionally I felt relaxed and happy. I had problems with 4th of July fireworks as well.

I know it kind of comes as a shock doesn't it as you think well 'what have i done'....just stood watching....i should be ok doing that. Only fibro people would get it. I have just attempted a small amount of dusting in 2 bedrooms and reached up to wipe a couple of window ledges. Now my arm shoulder and neck kills.

Sometimes i ask my best friend who is 20 years older than me and is very fit and active'do your arms hurt doing all that ironing'? and she knits every night for 40 years or more and her hands never hurt. It all sounds so amazing to me as i have forgotten what normal people feel and assume it hurts them to do things after a while....but no apparently not! Silly me lol

I am still working, but I feel the same. I have limited resources in a day and a week. I'm wiped out and sore at the end of the day and can only manage to get home and lay down. Running even one errand after work is a struggle and will impact the rest of the week. I do most of my cooking on Sunday. One cutting board, 1 round of standing, etc. with lots of breaks in between. I know if I don't cook on Sunday I won't have good food for the week. Laundry on Saturdays. Have a housekeeper to clean and change bedding. I have to be very disciplined and listen to my body. I'm not very spontaneous anymore. Adding any event to my week takes several days of planning and preparing. It's hard because everyone sees that I can function somewhat normally, so they don't think I'm as sick as I really am.

I rarely go out anymore because I just can't handle it with the pain level. I send my husband to the store for food and wherever he will tolerate going for us because it is just too hard. Sometimes we go to his moms to visit and it would be so hard to sit in the living room for so long. Finally I started bringing comfy clothes and she has extra bedrooms, theres always lots of activity and we would bring our dogs too, and they are older, most of the time I would end up with my little older dog in a bedroom in my comfy clothes laying down and snuggling to rest my nerves and body. Shes very understanding, one person out of how many that are not...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back