Not open for further replies.

Trfielder

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
CA
State
ON
HDTV a busy day yesterday..didn't get my "rest time" up at about 3 am off and on for a few hours... Then took my daughter back to school, the girls wanted to do some shopping I wasn't feeling to bad so nbd... Got home tidied up after dogs.. Went into bed at 10:30 of course I couldn't sleep finally at about 12:30. 1 up by 2:30. But woke up from nightmares. Off and on all night ..kept having a choking sensation. Felt like my nose was all stuffy. And couldn't breathe...I snore so I'm assuming its from that But the night mares are awful. I'm not even sure if I remember them but waking up terrified....

What a terrible thing to have to deal with at the same time you're dealing with fibro. :-(

Are nightmares like that unusual/new for you? If so, have you changed or added any new medications or supplements lately? Sometimes that's a cause for nightmares showing up just out of the blue like that.

I'm so sorry that happened to you! Sometimes I have some bizarre dreams, but never actual night terrors! Do you think it is because you're really tired? Maybe if you get some more sleep it might not happen, or be as bad? Do you think it's a medication you're on?

I hope that you don't have anymore! :(

The only meds I'm on is a very low dose for thyroid..I go to a sleep clinic at the end of the month so i will ask there I'm hoping its just because I'm so tired..going to have rest this afternoon ..so we will see. I just wasn't sure what it was from....

Hi there! I also suffer from night terrors/intense nightmares from time to time :( I know how awful it is! It takes me a while to finally relax again and go back to sleep... I've noticed I've nightmares mostly when I'm feeling really stressed, sometimes those nightmares reflect that very clearly. So clearly there is no doubt there is something in specific that is bothering me a lot!

Sometimes I can't calm down that easily, so I like to watch some TV. That usually makes the fear vanish after a few minutes.

Thanks....I had a good night last night ..I woke up a few times had a couple of nightmares but not nearly as bad as the other night..I'm thinking I just over did it the day before. I have to learn that just cause I'm feeling ok right now don't go and do what I used to be able to do.....I'm just to stubborn ...I want to be able to do things with my family...normally I'm just tired and really sore more pain etc etc etc ...I don't know but I sure dont like it either
I just never know what is going to happen...I'm way to much of a control freak for this disease..didn't someone tell it that?

Ow, I know the feeling... I live in a lot uncertainity too, but not only because of my fibro, but because of other health issues I'm currently struggling with. That is reflected in my dreams, it's just we are living under a lot stress and the nightmares are a way for our subconscious to deal with all we are going tru. Sometimes I see my deepest fears in my dreams as well, it's like some sort of outlet :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back