no aches or pain for past six weeks

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I just have to note here to you and everyone else that cutting carbohydrates out of the diet is actually a very unhealthy thing to do. Our bodies need carbohydrates in order to be healthy and have energy. Carbohydrates are what provide our body with energy, enable the metabolism of fat, and make unnecessary for the body to burn protein and muscle mass for energy. They are also important for brain function. Cutting all carbohydrates can actually be dangerous.

this is incorrect and misleading.

You should do some proper research of reliable sources that have links to the Meta Analysis so that you understand how the Human Body functions and metabolises macro and micro nutrients before posting this incorrect information.

Last edited:
this is utter nonsense and very misleading.

You should do some proper research of reliable sources that have links to the Meta Analysis so that you understand how the Human Body functions and metabolises macro and micro nutrients before posting this misguided and incorrect information.
I did do some research, and that is where I got that information. My information came from some pretty reputable and reliable sources, such as the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. I do not believe that it is misguided nor incorrect, as I trust those sources.

Where did you get your information? I would be happy to look it up if you provide references. I am always interested in learning.
However, there is no need for you to write your reply post in the manner you have.

What I posted is not utter nonsense, and it is very insulting of you to say so. I did not insult you in my post.
Please be more polite, as that is a standard we adhere to here.

I did do some research, and that is where I got that information. My information came from some pretty reputable and reliable sources, such as the Mayo Clinic and Johns Hopkins. I do not believe that it is misguided nor incorrect, as I trust those sources.

Where did you get your information? I would be happy to look it up if you provide references. I am always interested in learning.
However, there is no need for you to write your reply post in the manner you have.

What I posted is not utter nonsense, and it is very insulting of you to say so. I did not insult you in my post.
Please be more polite, as that is a standard we adhere to here.
fair enough I apologise for my tone and poor choice of words but essentially what I said is correct.
I am not going to clutter up my thread with argument or try to explain basic metabolism it would be pointless.
The energy source that our cells use for energy is glucose not carbohydrate.

For thousands of years the Eskimos and Inuit and other icelandic peoples ate 100% fat and protein with absolutely zero carbohydrate or sugars for the whole of their lives .Obviously nothing grows in iceland ....Until the turn of the 19th century they had no chronic disease coronary heart disease Diabetes or other common modern Western diseases.

When you can answer how exactly they survived on zero sugar or carbohydrate intake for the whole of their 70 or 80 year lifespan then you will see why your statement is factually incorrect . good luck if you take up the challenge

in fairness to sunkacola and for anyone interested in Nutrition and Health generally, the following very short video will be of interest and provide an excellent starting point to avoid the minefield of misguided heresay ,myths and fake news out there . All of Zoe's talks include links to all the relevant scientific and medical research and published papers on her Website.

Dr Zoe Harcombe PhD is one of the Worlds leading Nutritionists and her original 4x year PhD research was widely published and acclaimed Worldwide .

Zoe's talk was given to the UK House of Commons last year

Don't be put off by the video title 'reversing Diabetes ' this video is all about what we eat how our bodies process it and the effects on health and well-being. It is simple and brief so that it can be easily digested . Zoe has written several books and her main focus is on Public Health Dietary Guidelines.

Hi Johnny, Thank you for being more polite.

Carbohydrates are not glucose, yes...but get converted in the body to glucose to be used as energy. That is what carbohydrates are for. Our bodies convert 100% of the carbs we eat into glucose.

And, sure, I will take your “challenge”. :)
But, I am afraid that your premise is inaccurate to begin with.

To say early Arctic Natives ate zero carbohydrates is inaccurate. They ate tundra berries in abundance when they were available, ( and there are at least 5 different kinds of tundra berries that I know of), and they also at times would eat the contents of the stomachs of the animals such as caribou, birds, and seals that they hunted for food.

They also regularly ate seaweed, grasses, and the roots tubers and stems of edible tundra plants. All of this is carbohydrates. It's easy to assume nothing grows in the arctic, but if you'd ever been there you would know that in summer there is an amazing abundance of plant life growing on the tundra. It's not huge bushes or trees, but very small and low to the ground plants, some with tiny berries that have the most amazingly intense and sweet flavor you can imagine! If you ever ate fresh picked salmon berries you'd never want another berry in your life. :)

Arctic Natives still collect and eat all of these things. It was a highlight of their year to be able to collect berries, and they collected all they could and dried or froze what they did not eat right away. They still do.

"Eskimo Ice Cream" used to be seal fat pounded with tundra berries. Nowadays they make it with crisco, because that is easier, although less healthy, and they still hunt and eat seals.

They also made for thousands of years, and still make, make pemmican using meat and berries, and eat that all year around.

I know these things because of a personal connection to these native people, and experience with them and their history, but some basic research online will show you that this is all true. So, no, Eskimos did not live for thousands of years without carbohydrates.

By the way, I am talking about the arctic in general. I don't know anything about Iceland as such, but a quick Google search will show that yes, Iceland also has native plants that flourish there, so it is also not true that nothing grows in Iceland.

Fruits and vegetables are very important for the health of the human body. For some, grains are not the best thing. I myself cannot eat many grains or legumes.
However,
Fruits and vegetables are a form of carbohydrate. It is unhealthy not to eat any fruits or vegetables, and that is a fact you will find stated in any reputable health information source in the entire world.

Inappropriate behavior
you are clearly determined to destroy my post by starting an argument and clutter up my thread with your silly ignorant uneducated nonsense so reluctantly you have forced me to abandon this thread.

Well done ....congratulations ! ;)

The above post has been reported to the moderators for extreme rudeness and abusive language.

@JohnnyXS please remember we're all here doing our best to help. We don't tolerate bullying, targeting, or being rude.

@maxp I have not tried Nervagesic nor have I heard of it here in Canada. Is this over the counter at the pharmacy? At one time my Dr. thought I was having nerve pain but I didn't end up taking anything for it. Only the Citalopram which is a SSRI.

Nervagesic is also called by the brand names Pregabalin Lyrica, Alzain, Lecaent and Rewisca is a prescription drug.
Its often prescribed for Fibro because Doctors are clueless what causes Fibro and how to treat it and assume that Fibro is a Neuropathic condition.

My partner took it for several years and she said it made her feel like a zombie and had absolutely no effect whatsoever.
Here are the common side effects from the NHS website.

Common side effects

These common side effects may happen in more than 1 in 100 people. They are usually mild and go away by themselves. Keep taking the medicine but tell your doctor if they bother you or don't go away:
  • headaches
  • feeling sleepy, tired or dizzy
  • diarrhoea
  • mood changes
  • feeling sick
  • swollen hands, arms, legs and feet
  • blurred vision
  • for men, difficulties with getting an erection
  • weight gain - because pregabalin can make you feel hungry
  • memory problems
If you have diabetes, pregabalin can upset your blood sugar control. Monitor your blood sugar more often for the first few weeks of treatment with pregabalin and adjust your diabetes treatment if you need to. Talk to your doctor or diabetes nurse if you want more advice on what to do.

Serious side effects

Very few people taking pregabalin have serious problems. Call a doctor straight away if you get:
  • thoughts of harming or killing yourself - a small number of people taking pregabalin have had suicidal thoughts that can happen after only a week of treatment
  • difficulties breathing
  • severe dizziness or you pass out
  • hallucinations (seeing or hearing things that aren't real)
  • problems going to the toilet, including blood in your pee, needing to pee more often, or constipation.
Thank you for this information. I sometimes get frustrated and discouraged with the fibro and wish there was more research being done. If you find any good peer reviewed research please post on this site. Have a nice day!

I would like to say thank you to both JohnnyXS and Sunkacola for your interesting posts.

I'm sick to death of the 'share it without knowing the background' mentality of many sites.. Facebook being the main culprit.
It's refreshing to read stuff that is passionate and well researched for a change, irrespective of your disagreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back