Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/1984
Country
US
State
MI
I had Covid19 and I had no fibro pain during this time. Anyone else?

Wow, astounding! I've only heard of one other case, recently, and she suffered severely and it's predicted to probably stay pretty mean.

And it wasn't worse after?

I can't imagine, all my virus infections have been getting worse over the years, since swine flu 2011, which may have set the fibro off.

What's your virus-history been like?

I am so sorry to hear you were ill with COVID-19 and hope you are ok now. Fibromyalgia is bad enough, but the having a virus as welL.

Take good care.

I had the same thing happen about three years ago when I had the flu virus. No fibro pain at all. It was the strangest thing; almost as if my system decided it could only handle one misery at a time!

I've had the same thing happen 3 times in the past 30 plus years since I was diagnosed. All 3 times I contracted some kind of illness - likely a virus, and had very high fevers. Now I typically run 96.8 - 97 degrees, by the time I get to 99 degrees I'm sweaty and miserable. If my temp exceeds 100 and starts heading towards 101 degrees I'll end up with auditory hallucinations - every single time. But these 3 times, I had sustained fevers, over 101, for multiple periods over the course of a week or more. No pain whatsoever. Not one single fibromyalgia related ache. It typically lasts a few weeks after I get over the illness / virus. The first time it happens you're all excited. After the 2nd time, not so much. Didn't really enjoy it at all the third time because I knew that it would not last and it was more of a ticking time bomb then a relief.

wow..that is crazy and remarkable at the same time. glad you are ok.
Do you guys think that people like us with Fibro will be more receptible in getting Covid if exposed?
i always thought that if i get covid, with Fibro, it will be worst and potentially life threatening

Its hard to say, I put myself in the high risk category for a whole bunch of reasons, with fibromyalgia being a fair ways down the list compared to others (asthma, weight, diet controlled diabetes etc). I've got a few factors that seem to improve odds too - an asthma medicine I already take, my blood type etc. I think a LOT of it depends on how much of a viral load you got when you were infected. One thing in my favor is I'm so used to getting sick easily that I'm really, really good at social distancing and using things like hand sanitizer etc. That's just normal flu season in my world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back