Not open for further replies.

Pain 24 7

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2020
Country
UK
Since Feb my life has been turned upside down , I have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia chronic back pain and possibly rheumatoid arthritis (there debating) every day and I am in pain some days worse than others but still not able to do anything , I can’t take my boys to school I can manage one walk their in loads of pain again, I have constant lower back pain , horrible sharp pains in my groin /and in or around most joints , stiff hands/elbows /knees/shoulders /hips , the pain is killing me I think people that are dying must feel like this because I can not cope I’m soo down it’s affecting my family my partner, like isn’t this normal all day everyday pain and more pain, I gave up months ago on so many pills pains meds 15 mg bytes pain patch helps a tiny bit . I don’t know what I can do to feel better any advice I would appreciate

Hello there and welcome to the forum. I feel for you - in fact, we all do. Most if not all of us have been where you are. I certainly have. I want to give you some encouragement, because I know how terribly down a person can get with fibro, especially at the beginning when it really feels as though your life is over.

First, here's a post with all my best advice for managing this. Read, and put as much as possible into use right away.

Next, I want to emphasize to you that things will not always be this bad. While it is possible you may not have the life you used to have, it doesn't mean your life is over. If you work at it, you can manage this in a way that works the best for you, and can have a good life and probably one that is very nearly normal. There may always be restrictions on what you can do or how much, but there's always the possibility that something you experiment with will help more than you would have thought.

Medication is not the best approach, although I do suggest to people they have some pain medication they can use when it really becomes necessary. Most of the time, a combination of other things are more likely to help and without bad side effects.

Read the post, and come back and ask any questions you may have, and then start doing the things you can do to help yourself. You may think you can't help yourself, but this is the voice of experience here. You can. It's hard. It's discouraging. It's sometimes one step forward and two slides back. Don't let that stop you. Again - voice of experience. I have found I can do things I thought a few years ago I wouldn't ever be able to do again. Maybe not every day! But at least some of the time. And I have adjusted and made this way of living acceptable for myself. You can too.

All the best of luck.

Very glad to hear it. :) That's what we are here for.
Hang in there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back