Not open for further replies.

kat744

Diagnosis
04/2009
Country
KEN
State
nairobi
Gone are the days when I sued to enjoy a good night sleep. Off late I don't even wish for the night to come because its like my pains increase at night.

I have to leave my legs outside the blanket because I feel as if they are burning up. If I put something cold on the, I feel better.

Sleeping with low back pain which is just there going on and on is uncomfortable. I have tried all sorts of sleeping position but no relief.

I wake up tired every morning because of turning and tossing and even the lack of sleep.

I don't want to try sleeping pills because it will be easy to get addicted to them.

Any suggestion?

Hi - I am so sorry to hear about your pain. I have fibro and a few times a week I just happen to wake up at 2 or 3 in the morning and then just end up staying up through the night into the morning cuz i can't fall back asleep. Sometimes it's nice as i have 3 kids so I enjoy the quiet time to myself. However, the lack of sleep makes the next day's pain level increase. I have a friend who also has fibro and she takes 2 advil PM before bedtime to help her sleep. I know you don't want to take sleeping pills, but these are OTC. I also heard a supplement called Zyflamend PM that helps people sleep. Google it and see what you think. You can get it on Amazon. I hope this helps.

Hi, I'm sorry to hear that you're suffering so badly. Are you on any medications at all? What have your doctors suggested? I do have some of these problems. I have a huge problem with my feet burning at night. I just have to take off my socks and pull my feet out of the covers. My back is messed up from something completely unrelated. For my back, I use a lot of heat to loosen the muscles. In fact, a nice hot bath sometimes helps with pain in general.

There are "natural" medications you can use to sleep too. It just depends on how sensitive you are to them. Some people can take benadryl to help. Some people use melatonin to help remedy sleep issues. Have you addressed this with your doctor? I'm hoping they could come up with a way to help you that works for you personally.

I'm sorry you're going thru this. I hope you get some relief soon!

What is a good nights sleep ? It's been so long not sure if I ever had one.....melatonin helps me a little and I try to read before bed and I always have a cup of tea..I know caffeine..but it seems to soothe me get me ready for bed....

Sorry to hear you're going tru this, I knpw how hard it can be to be dealing with something like this. I was on the same boat you are now, suffering from insomnia... feeling so exhausted every single day. I tried everything, excepting sleeping pills. I tried melatonin, it worked but the results were so modest, then I changed to a B complex: problem solved.

Have you tried melatonin? Some people say that you need to start with a low 5 mg dose, and then increase it to 10 mg after a while. You can also try with a B complex, maybe you can take both daily to see if you can get even better results.

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I haven't tried melatonin or even B complex, I will consult my doctor then may be try one of them.
For the back pain, a neurologist has suggested than I do MRI to check if any of my nerve has been pitched and is causing all these problems.

Am yet to do it and hope a solution will be found soon.

Looks like we're all in the 'sleep is no fun' boat. I had a wonderful sleep the other day and was just so happy to wake up refreshed. It was such an odd feeling as I usually wake up thinking, "ugh...well that was a waste."

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I haven't tried melatonin or even B complex, I will consult my doctor then may be try one of them.
For the back pain, a neurologist has suggested than I do MRI to check if any of my nerve has been pitched and is causing all these problems.

Am yet to do it and hope a solution will be found soon.

I would get that MRI. I was going to physical therapy for my fibro, and the massage therapist said that my lower back was like a brick, and asked me to address it with my doctor. Apparently, the Physical Therapy center and my doctor decided I needed an MRI. Went in and found out that I had arthritis (spondylosis) and narrowing of my spine (stenosis).

It' a safe guard to make sure nothing else is going on. It doesn't hurt to be thorough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back