DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2014
Country
US
State
Oregon
Hi everybody!

My name is Sierra, I just turned 18, and I've had fibro for about 5-6 years now, but was only finally diagnosed last year. My symptoms are very advanced, to the point where I barely function, and am having trouble holding my job at a fast food restaurant (not because they want to fire me, but because I physically can not handle what they are asking of me).

I have a pretty horrible family life, and I only live with my mother, who is very unsupportive and mentally abusive (my biological father has been physically abusive to me in the past, and I rarely see him). She gets angry when I can't do things that seem simple to her, and doesn't understand that, though she is also very tired after work, she is more capable than I am at just about everything. I can't even go to college this next year because we're so poor and I've had to cut back my hours to 3 days a week at work. I pay for my own groceries and home necessities, but don't pay rent since I live with my mom.

I've recently become horribly depressed from lack of sleep, the extra pain, and not being able to have a healthy social life. My friends, though they try to be more supportive than my mom, are completely struggling to grasp why I can't do normal things with them, and why I only have the energy to see people on days I'm not working at all (and even then...).

I'm not really sure what I'm looking for here besides just a place to come for understanding. Though my pain has always been horrible and steadily progressing over the years, I feel like this depression I've fallen into has really negatively affected me. I've cried every day in the past two weeks over the smallest things, and I rarely let my emotions show that easily. I don't feel in control of myself :( I know at least sOMEone else will understand!

Junebug,
stress is a big thing to avoid. So sounds like you have been in the vice grip of stress. Doesn't make it easier. So here's some suggestions. If you can, watch some utube on fibro, you can scroll through Untell u see what would help you, age, intersts, medical help, etc.
U tube helped me realize I'm not crazy. Don't expect your fam. To understand, they can't give what they are niece about. It's so much easier for them to dismiss what's happening, than to help you with something they know nothing about. Your at a deaden with your Mom and Dad, so don't even go there.
Some reasources.,
physical therapy
Church
Nutrition (not saying it's your fault, or if you just eat right you would be better)
Vitamins, b 12, b complex, C,
Pass on the sweets, ( one of my many weeknesses)
Do you have an option to talk with a counselor?
Finances, work, see if you can receive ssd, social security disability.

Junebug,

i so sorry your having to go through this at a young age.
the crying is do to the depression. if you have a doctor he can give you some meds to help with that.
seek the counseling. your work my offer that. not sure for part time.
try pacing yourself. warm showers or baths with epson's salt.
your friends are supportive thats great. if they really want to understand you pain and weakness try the clothes pins on them.

see my post under general discussions called "starting a daily logbook and why it helps" also see my post "what is fibromyalgia"

you have come to us for support and we will give you it here.
try venting here. it will help you. ask us questions so we can help you.

may you have many low pain days ahead.

Thank you both!

cmetryme,
I talked to my manager today about whether or not our company offers counseling, and they do! Thank you so much for suggesting that I hadn't even thought about it.

wow junebug, i hope it can help you.

go in with a positive attitude, that helps them to help you.

im so proud of you for asking and having the courage to do so! you rock!

its is so nice to hear that im helping folks here. makes me tingle all over and thats in a good way!

if you ever need to just talk im here for you. just friend me and private msg me.

you can also do that with forgetmenot and many of the others that are working there way towards crazy posters i mean senior members. lol

keep posting and let me know how you are doing as things go on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back