Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2016
Country
US
State
XO
I just wanted to make people aware who don't want drugs/don't get relief from drugs that there are current clinical trials for other therapies: yoga, mediation, devices, etc. If you go to the NIH clinical trials database and type in the search bar fibromyalgia and your state, you can see what's available.

Unfortunately for me, I'm in CA, one of the states with medical tort reform, so all they have are drug upon drug :-x. But for instance, they have a trial for Cefaly in Cincinnati; I would love to be able to try that!

Thanks a lot for sharing this info with all of us :) I'm sure this will be handy for many :) Sadly I am moving to the Netherlands, so I can't give this a try :( I'd have loved to see what was in store for the folks in my state.

Well, don't despair Trellum, the NIH database lists clinical trials worldwide. And while I know you are nervous about moving to the Netherlands,
on the bright side you have Europe at your doorstep. You can probably travel fairly easily to some clinical trials in Germany, Belgium.

Oh, one more thing, in Europe they tend to have more homeopathic/natural alternative clinical trials than here in the US, so that is a plus as well.

Thanks for the info! I tend to stay away from clinical trials because I've had bad experiences in the past when I was having problems with my health insurance. But, those may only be the labs in my area.

Hmm, I never thought about that, how clinical trials would interfere with insurance, but thanks for bringing that up Destiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back