Not catastiphising an illness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trying

A few days ago a certain area was hurting so bad. I wanted to sy my whole body hurts, instead i said this hurt only. I think its my first time not enlarging the illness.my therapist was so happy and i was. So praising oneself is important to recovery.

A few days ago a certain area was hurting so bad. I wanted to sy my whole body hurts, instead i said this hurt only. I think its my first time not enlarging the illness.my therapist was so happy and i was. So praising oneself is important to recovery.
Excellent work - good on ya! :cool: Catastrophizing just makes things worse (whether we do it or our family/friends).

Praising: To encourage myself to get new habits installed quicker I give myself trophies on my blog, until it's a habit.
For instance I know my breathing exercises help, but I don't do them enough, sometimes they don't help, which discourages me. But I give myself at least one trophy for every full 11-13 minute exercise. And I count the minutes I do exercises all day.

And not only praising oneself is important, also getting cheered on:
So here's one trophy for you for managing to reduce the illness and not castrophize!: 🏆
Here's another for being happy about it: 🏆
Here's one for praising yourself: 🏆
And here's one for you telling us about it: 🏆
Here's 3 from me/us thanking you for a) telling us, b) reminding us about reducing c) reminding us about praising: 🏆
🏆🏆🏆
And if 7 trophies are too much or too childish, praps you'll take this instead:

😎

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back