Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Hello,
I have suspected for the last 3-4 years that I may have fibro. Some days my body hurts so much that I want to cry. I have also suffered from migraines for the last 18 years but I am on medication for them. I should say that I have a very busy life. I work full time in a hospital and go to college in the morning before my shift starts. I am doing really well in school and expect to graduate with honors. I am just saying this so that you know how hard I push myself.
The problem is I don't know how to have the conversation with my doctor about my suspicion of my having fibro. I hate to admit it but I am almost embarrassed by it. I just know that I can't keep living my life this way and not know what is going on with my body. I wake up in the morning exhausted and barely able to walk because I hurt so bad. At night, by the time I get into bed, I'm hurting again. If I sit down for any period of time then it hurts to stand back up again, not only in my back but also in my legs and hips. My sister has fibromyalgia and so does my aunt, both of their live have been drastically changed by it.
I'm sorry this is so long, it has just been nice to be able to write of my concerns and know that someone will understand.

Don't be embarrassed, but that's not something I have to tell you; eventually you'll accept it yourself if you have it and will probably rather be diagnosed as having it than not. Otherwise you'll always be wondering what it is and if it's something that's even worst. My advice is to make sure you start converting your workstation ergonomically and start slow and consistently living healthier. Have hope, I don't see fibro as a matter of coping, see it as a path to potentially healing from it.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. I am on my way to accepting the fact that I need to make a doctors appointment and find out what is going on with my body. I work in health care and it is true that we make the worst patients. It's good to have a place to talk about and listen to other people's concerns and there advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back