Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
70/2010
Country
UK
State
Hertfordshire
I've always counted myself lucky,I could do most of what I wanted slowly but I could get there..but since first posting about my legs I'm in a bit of trouble .
My legs hurt badly ,the minute I wake up.walking is now a fight between me my brain and my legs.
I also worry about getting Lauren to school .she starts reciption this year ,and I no I can get up early and take my pills but they don't seem to help much.
And yes I will talk to the shcool.but I wish they would let up for a few days at lest.
I don't have a bath so I can't do the salt thing. I did do it once and it made me worse.:(

Sorry your legs are so bad.....Mine have always been an issue but i could also do things in stages.....not the case now either.

I can understand your worry about getting your daughter to school. How are the driving lessons going?

It's good to get exercise when we can but sometimes our bodies are screaming no!

Maybe once your daughter is at school you will get more time to put your feet up for periods through out the day to reduce the pain.

I also find little helps...I wish for all of us they would find something to fix whatever it is thats gone haywire

I'm sorry your legs are giving you so much trouble

I once tried bathing with Epsom salt with rosemary and it made my skin burn! After that I stuck to gentle scents like lavender and chamomile. If you ever want to try it, they now make body oils and lotions with Epsom salts.

Hopefully the sschool will be able to accommodate you in a timely manner

Ty willow .and DK I'm going to look for some body oil tomorrow.ty

Just remember that not all Essential Oils are created equal. some have synthetic chemicals that can not only make them burn you but also get absorbed into the body and add to the symptoms you already have. look for a high purity oil like Young Living or DoTerra. they are more expensive but worth it in my opinion. If you do not have a bath you can add a few drops of an essential oil to a carrier oil (coconut or olive work well) and massage specific areas, I use peppermint and wintergreen daily for pain and clove and cypress for circulation issues.

One thing to watch out for is over-medicating. I never knew how much damage was being done by the meds prescribed to help my symptoms until I found a way to come off them. I am now on only one medication and feel better than I can ever remember feeling in my adult life. I do take some essential oils internally as well as several supplements but they are working better for me than the medication ever did.

It is also extremely important to find the right doctors; if you can not question your doctor about the meds he/she prescribes and discuss alternative treatments then they are not the right doctors. I was diagnosed with fibro 16 years ago and only this past year i feel like i finally have a path that is working for me, and everyone in my life can tell the difference. If you are having serious GI issue, you might want to have a gastroenterologist test for microscopic colitis. it is a fairly rare form that can have all the symptoms of auto-immune, UC or crohn's but won't show up on any of the tests. there are two kinds, I have lymphositic, the other is collagenous. they can also be a cause for vitamin and mineral absorption problems.

One last suggestion is taking a high potency chlorophyll supplement, I use Vitamineral Green. It has a lot of vitamins and minerals and the days I miss taking it I really notice a drop in mood, energy level, and an increase in my pain and head aches.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it like something is grabbing your muscles and slowing them down while burning happens? Even though it might seem ridiculous, they may be overworked, even from no apparent reason. Mine are right now, in the quads/upper leg. It lasts a good long time! I rest way more than I normally would, and I drink more water. It's been a couple of days, and something I do will trigger them, but not as badly as the first day. Take extra showers if you have no bath. I hope this helps, even if it's just relating! Maybe the heat outside does this. My Texas summertime extends into fall, and the slightest thing can put me out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back